Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bullfrogs_M3 View Post
    I thought strut bars helped eliminate strut tower deflection? Then again this harkens back to the days when I owned a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. So maybe deflection doesn't apply to BMW's.
    They do, but not as extreme as one would think. Sway bars tightens up the whole front end, not just strut towers.

Strut towers are important to keep aligned, but not as much as what the sway bar does. It's still good to invest IMO in a strut bar; but if you're looking for performance then a sway bar will a stiffer set-up.

Here is a picture for 2 exact same E36 Ms, Same corner as well

This one is running on Dunlop Star Specs, and H&R Sway Bars

This one is running purple cracks (aka Hoosiers) and Koni Struts

Even the hoosiers have more grip, the body roll is still present.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Oh wow that is a big difference

03 ImolaRot|6sp|Alcantara|Silver Cube|CW|Xenons

Coby Alcantara Knob|CF Diffuser|BMW Performance Kidneys|Umnitza Eyes|RCR|UUC TSE3|GruppeM CF-Kevlar Intake|BC Racing Coils|Spacers|BavSound Stg. 1

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

1979 911sc: The Perpetual Project

Monkey has solid advice on the swaybar > strutbar. I have upgraded sway bars on every car I own. Its always my first mod on any car I buy. I do have strut bars both front and rear on my prelude because its the car I throw around at the track/auto-x, but I probably won't ever spend the money for them on the BMW since they are more of an asthetic mod thats covered up.
    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6136/5934684585_efb25fa4b8_m.jpg
    My garage: 08' Alpine White 135i Coupe putting out 405 wHP to BOTH rear wheels. 05' LeMans Blue X5 4.8is that I like to call Truckmeat. Socketheads 05' Dinan tuned ZHP, and a few Hondas to keep it real.

StrutBarbarian Front and Rear Strut bars (best for performance that I know of) weights only 2 pounds and strong as competitors.
    Photobucket

Quote Originally Posted by L0veZHP View Post
    StrutBarbarian Front and Rear Strut bars (best for performance that I know of) weights only 2 pounds and strong as competitors.
    Sold out.^

I talked to someone who had the BMW Performance one and he said he didn't really notice it when he installed it but he's trying to sell his car so he sold the bar and that's when he noticed a big difference.
    Here's his words......

"I sold my strut brace and intake to a local Ohio enthusiast this weekend. We meet halfway which made the drive about 100 miles for me. Let me tell you, I was either brain dead or simply not paying attention when I installed that brace because comparing my drive down to meet with it on and then my drive back without it....that thing made a huge difference in the way my car even handled bumps, bridge/highway transitions, etc in a straight line...don't know why I initially missed that extreme difference."

I wish I had ordered one of the BMW Perf. ones, by the time I made up my mind it was too late. ECS has one that looks pretty nice but the are on back order.

Barry
    Last edited by MrMaico; 04-13-2011 at 08:32 AM.

From what I've noticed, it seems like the strut bar makes a more noticeable difference when you have a softer suspension setup. It was very noticeable with my old bilstein tourings, but barely with the billie sports.

Try my strong strut link on the first page.

I really have no idea what I am doing

is 51710429378 the part number for oem performance strut thats cf?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMaico View Post
    Sold out.^

I talked to someone who had the BMW Performance one and he said he didn't really notice it when he installed it but he's trying to sell his car so he sold the bar and that's when he noticed a big difference.
    Here's his words......

"I sold my strut brace and intake to a local Ohio enthusiast this weekend. We meet halfway which made the drive about 100 miles for me. Let me tell you, I was either brain dead or simply not paying attention when I installed that brace because comparing my drive down to meet with it on and then my drive back without it....that thing made a huge difference in the way my car even handled bumps, bridge/highway transitions, etc in a straight line...don't know why I initially missed that extreme difference."

I wish I had ordered one of the BMW Perf. ones, by the time I made up my mind it was too late. ECS has one that looks pretty nice but the are on back order.

Barry

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330...Bar/ES1895931/
    Photobucket

Looks like they're not sold out. Only $500.
    Last edited by MrMaico; 04-15-2011 at 12:01 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast