Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

What's up y'all? New guy from AL with a ZHP drift build!

Hello everyone. I recently purchased a ZHP to build into my first dedicated drift car. Before you guys get all upset about me turning the "not so special" ZHP into a drift missile take a look at the pics and you'll see that I'm really doing this car a favor, lol. It's not what you would typically think of when you hear the words "clean" or "excellent condition". This thing has been rode hard and put up wet so to speak. With that being said I wasn't even looking for a ZHP in the first place. I was going to grab any old run of the mill e36 or e46 and start from there. My buddy turned me on this deal and it was too good to pass up. I basically paid the same for this car as I would have a base e36 or 46. I feel like I got a pretty decent deal all things considered. I realize that this forum may not be the best place to find a bunch of drift Bimmer's but I wanted to join anyways hoping to get as much ZHP specific knowledge as possible. I will be creating a build thread and documenting my mods and the different things I'm doing along the way. You'll see from the pics that the car is pretty trashed cosmetically but the good news is that it's very solid mechanically. It's very recently had all the major e46 issues addressed along with and new clutch and lots of other stuff. The only mechanical issue is a noisey lifter. I hoping to fix that with some engine flush. So without further ado, check out the pics of my $1600.00, 2004, 240k mile ZHP beater!

Untitled by Tom Francis, on Flickr

Hah nice pickup! Should be a fun build and definitely different than what we're used to around here.

I know that you usually weld the diff for drifting, but is there a benefit to a higher ratio for what you'll be doing? You can swap the 3.07 out for a 3.38 or 3.64 pretty easily.

It was surprisng to learn that the ZHP's don't come with an LSD. So yeah, I'll be welding the and I'm actaully planning on grabbing a 3.64 from the local pull a part. To answer your question, the higher gear ratio will help spin the tires up quicker which is definitely helpful in a lower powered car.

GA car, nice.
    Those headlights are super clean too.
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Congrats. That was a good find.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Very cool, have fun!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

If that is the car Bham Craigslist that it looks like. Check the oil pump nut.
    Family that races together stays together
    2005 330Ci 6MT SGM (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by PetesZ View Post
    If that is the car Bham Craigslist that it looks like. Check the oil pump nut.
    This car hasn’t been listed anywhere when I bought. It was given to a local BMW tech to compensate him for some work he had done. Thanks for mentioning the oil pump nut though, that’s something I hadn’t thought about.