Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    +1 car drive gud
    lol
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Got a little bit of work done this weekend. Finally found my old Alcantara shift boot so I can use that with the 6-speed conversion. Also finished wiring up the auto to manual conversion so that my mirror reverse tilt and PDC would work again. You end up having to run a single wire from the cluster to the fuse box area where there is a junction of reverse wires.

Refinished and installed Black Cube trim and also went ahead and installed the mtech 2 OEM front bumper Grill and headlights. bumper still needs to be painted but the stock front bumper was so bad that I'm willing to drive around with an unpainted bumper for now.

hopefully I'll get some more time another weekend to install the mtech 2 rear bumper.

Also found an awesome deal for sedan gloss kidney grills on Amazon for $35 shipped Prime shipping. Literally perfect snug fitment good quality stuff.

I can't wait to polish these headlight lenses they are so foggy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    Got a little bit of work done this weekend. Finally found my old Alcantara shift boot so I can use that with the 6-speed conversion. Also finished wiring up the auto to manual conversion so that my mirror reverse tilt and PDC would work again. You end up having to run a single wire from the cluster to the fuse box area where there is a junction of reverse wires.

Refinished and installed Black Cube trim and also went ahead and installed the mtech 2 OEM front bumper Grill and headlights. bumper still needs to be painted but the stock front bumper was so bad that I'm willing to drive around with an unpainted bumper for now.

hopefully I'll get some more time another weekend to install the mtech 2 rear bumper.

Also found an awesome deal for sedan gloss kidney grills on Amazon for $35 shipped Prime shipping. Literally perfect snug fitment good quality stuff.

I can't wait to polish these headlight lenses they are so foggy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Very nice! Do you have a link to the grills?! Been looking for some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That mtech bumper makes such a massive difference in the entire attitude of these wagons

Quote Originally Posted by d-rod View Post
    Very nice! Do you have a link to the grills?! Been looking for some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yup right here

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    That mtech bumper makes such a massive difference in the entire attitude of these wagons
    it does but still I need to get proper wheels on it, lowered with a slight rake from back to front and and the rear bumper onit and a better camera for a picture.

that angle doesnt do the car any justice.

i thought I wanted 135s on it but now im leaning more towards a more aggressive arc 8 fitment lol. something with a concave feel. i dunno i should just put 135s on it and be done. i wasnt supposed to be modding this car. its supposed to be a daily.

one thing I will say is the difference between driving this car for a few days then getting into my red car is night and day. the wagon is so stock, smooth, linear and soft. not bumpy or jerky.

the red car is raw... i actually stalled out a few times and was like wtf man this is awesome lol.

zhp engine is definitely slower by a lot than my S54. its agonizing sometimes with the difference in performance especially in the low end. 1st gear in my zhp engine is weak until the higher RPMs. maybe the engine needs vanos work or something and i think i left the clutch delay valve in. clutch doesnt grab until very top almost and its too smooth with the engagement.

zhp engine is definitely slower by a lot than my S54. its agonizing sometimes with the difference in performance especially in the low end. 1st gear in my zhp engine is weak until the higher RPMs. maybe the engine needs vanos work or something and i think i left the clutch delay valve in. clutch doesnt grab until very top almost and its too smooth with the engagement.
    There isn't anything wrong with it lol, you just been out of one for too long...
    VANOS might help a little.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Do the 3.64 differential swap.

Made 1st gear fun again.
    Family that races together stays together
    2005 330Ci 6MT SGM (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    There isn't anything wrong with it lol, you just been out of one for too long...
    VANOS might help a little.
    lol maybe thats it. the car gets amazing gas mileage. i was pulling 35-36 MPG driving 55mph for an hour straight in 6th with the 3.07 up 85 north here in atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by PetesZ View Post
    Do the 3.64 differential swap.

Made 1st gear fun again.
    yea it would but i love the gas mileage im getting right now. currently im on track to get 400 miles to a tank. at 200 miles and haven't hit half tank yet.

lol maybe thats it. the car gets amazing gas mileage. i was pulling 35-36 MPG driving 55mph for an hour straight in 6th with the 3.07 up 85 north here in atlanta.
    I get 34 MPG even with a supercharger
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Careful with lowering springs -- those FSD's need a lot of travel to function. They basically use the full travel of the suspension to absorb harsh hits and provide stiffer damping during slow transitions (turns). Might want to check with koni or at least search the part number to see if they're at least rated for sport suspension, but they usually don't recommend them with anything lower than that. You end up slamming off of the bump stops if you don't have enough spring travel.

Also, I honestly think the tourings look best with 17's, which works out great for gas mileage, comfort, tire cost, etc etc. I don't like the wheels that are on it, but the ones on my wife's car fit great with the lines of the body.

All in all, be careful with scope creep on this one. You're a mad modder at heart (duh) and the stuff that you're bringing up has the potential to ruin the smoothness that you're loving about the car as a daily driver. I'm teetering on that edge with my ZHP now and worried that I'm going to hate driving the car in a year.

Edit: My wagon, for reference: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...Wascally-Wagon

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast