Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Window stuck n door... Busted Regulator?

Driving along, I lower front right window, I hear a little click, thought nothing of it...

Then I raise it back up to make sure its not stuck, it struggled a little, then more clicking, then I lowered the window all the way down, heard more clicking, and now its stuck in the permanent low/in the door position. Had to tape up the door so rain wont get in, PITA.

My local mech said its most likely the regulator. He said about $170 for the part, about $100 for labor.

Its ok?

I thought I saw in my bill from those aholes down south that they replaced the actuators? I cant remember for sure but anyways, I wonder if that had anything to do with it. My car had 10 thins wrong with it after I got the car back from them. CANT be a coincidence. Thank god I am free of them.
    __________________________________________________ ____
    2003 ZHP 4dr | 145,000 miles (ACTUAL before RIP) | BBS 17"
    Hankook Ventus V12
    Front: 225/45ZR
    Rear: 255/40ZR-17 Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 XL
    [ Staggered on square (17x8.5 +38) ]

4-door E46s frequently have window regulator failures. You can find the part cheaper (actual BMW item or aftermarket) - in fact, FCPEuro.com is having a sale this weekend (up to 15% off on some parts) and they have a lifetime replacement guarantee, so it will be the last one you'll pay for - if your mechanic will let you provide your own part.
    You need to remove the door panel & vapor barrier to confirm that the regulator is the issue, but you wouldn't be the first one. Good luck!
    Last edited by John in VA; 08-30-2018 at 04:52 PM.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

I'm all in with FCP, but the "Up to" 15% didn't cover the hood insulation that I wanted to buy, and I don't see window regulators discounted. Maybe I missed it?

Love FCP and the warranty, but not sure the 15% applies to everything
    Pete

Reg is definitely the issue. I scoff at $170 for a window regulator.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

For window regulator replacement, I buy the part and go to my body shop. Their labor is cheaper than my Indy.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    4-door E46s frequently have window regulator failures. You can find the part cheaper (actual BMW item or aftermarket) - in fact, FCPEuro.com is having a sale this weekend (up to 15% off) and they have a lifetime replacement guarantee, so it will be the last one you'll pay for - if your mechanic will let you provide your own part.
    You need to remove the door panel & vapor barrier to confirm that the regulator is the issue, but you wouldn't be the first one. Good luck!
    Thanks guys...

What is the part called or are ALL window regulators the same, no variance?

Someone told me since its an older car, also get a new motor... worth it? I still hear it working but...
    Hankook Ventus V12

Front regulators are different from rears; right side are different from left; sedans are different from coupes. I've never had a bad motor.
    BMW Window Regulator, Front Right/Passenger's Side (E46) - 51337020660

ECSTuning has this one - https://www.ecstuning.com/b-uro-prem...337020660~upr/
    Others - https://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-33...dow_regulator/

FCPEuro only carries genuine BMW regulators - https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...an-51337020660
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Front regulators are different from rears; right side are different from left; sedans are different from coupes. I've never had a bad motor.
    BMW Window Regulator, Front Right/Passenger's Side (E46) - 51337020660

ECSTuning has this one - https://www.ecstuning.com/b-uro-prem...337020660~upr/
    Others - https://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-33...dow_regulator/

FCPEuro only carries genuine BMW regulators - https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...an-51337020660

ECS, only $70... And they claim its better than stock?
    Is this a no brainer or am I missing something? Then of course I'll just get this and have the guy put it in.

He is a mobile on-site mech (really convenient, while not charging much extra labor for coming here), so I doubt he'll care.
    Hankook Ventus V12

Quote Originally Posted by Dathaeus View Post
    ECS, only $70... And they claim its better than stock?
    Is this a no brainer or am I missing something? Then of course I'll just get this and have the guy put it in.

He is a mobile on-site mech (really convenient, while not charging much extra labor for coming here), so I doubt he'll care.
    https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1055436 I was curious so I checked out our cousin forum and found that. Not a horribly long read, but it seems like the URO premiums may not be worth it.

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1055436 I was curious so I checked out our cousin forum and found that. Not a horribly long read, but it seems like the URO premiums may not be worth it.
    I have the URO Premiums. They started creaking as soon as I put them in, and recently heard them crack here and there. They have not, however, failed yet.
    I did not replace the window guides; they are way too expensive. lol

They do say in the instructions that you should replace the window guides to get the best results, and I believe they will not honor the warranty if you haven't done so. It's been a couple of years since I installed it so I don't remember the exact wording, but that's what I got out of reading that...

These are the ones with the lifetime warranty through URO.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast