Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I installed mines in the driveway, it's really easy if you can wrench even a little. You don't need anything more than a torx driver and a 1/4" socket set...plastic prying tools do help.
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1055436 I was curious so I checked out our cousin forum and found that. Not a horribly long read, but it seems like the URO premiums may not be worth it.
    Thats supposed to be better than the $70 ones above? Seems like they are just complaining about it more than anyone saying its great... some saying its trash.

Whats wrong with the $70 one?

If thats no good and its just marketing lies, then I will just buy stock.
    __________________________________________________ ____
    2003 ZHP 4dr | 145,000 miles (ACTUAL before RIP) | BBS 17"
    Hankook Ventus V12
    Front: 225/45ZR
    Rear: 255/40ZR-17 Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 XL
    [ Staggered on square (17x8.5 +38) ]

I used the factory units from fcpeuro

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Dathaeus View Post
    Thats supposed to be better than the $70 ones above? Seems like they are just complaining about it more than anyone saying its great... some saying its trash.
    Whats wrong with the $70 one?
    If thats no good and its just marketing lies, then I will just buy stock.
    I used the URO Premium in our 328i driver's front door one year ago - so far, so good. The factory parts also fail or we wouldn't be having this discussion. Buying through FCPEuro ensures it's the last one you'll pay for, but the factory part still might fail & you'll be more experienced replacing the next one! You have to decide whether to try URO or factory at twice the price.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

(sorry for necro but wanted continuity....)

I had my travel mechanic install the regulator I got from ECS, and it was perfect, and now one year later, I heard creaking, then one week later, bam, stuck again, and of course these days its like raining every F%$%$# day.

I assume if he did a bad job it would have broken down much earlier... so should warranty cover something like this or... and the real tricky part is, if I get this guy back over here, if its "not his fault" how do I get the replacement before I send back the bad one etc? Cant exactly leave the door un-assembled while I attempt to get the new replacement... how would you guys handle this?
    __________________________________________________ ____
    2003 ZHP 4dr | 145,000 miles (ACTUAL before RIP) | BBS 17"
    Hankook Ventus V12
    Front: 225/45ZR
    Rear: 255/40ZR-17 Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 XL
    [ Staggered on square (17x8.5 +38) ]

From ECS Tuning website : "ECS Tuning offers a one year warranty against manufacturer defects unless otherwise noted, although some manufacturers offer a warranty that exceeds this one year warranty."

Sounds like you are outside of warranty by now.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Old thread, but I recently dealt with this same situation. Previous Owner installed a generic regulator, and of course it failed. I bit the bullet and bought from the local dealership, only $20 more than FCP and I had it in my hands. Install took about 2 hours total, including actually cutting out the broken, aftermarket regulator (yup).
    ZHP beater

Quote Originally Posted by Bob1035 View Post
    Old thread, but I recently dealt with this same situation. Previous Owner installed a generic regulator, and of course it failed. I bit the bullet and bought from the local dealership, only $20 more than FCP and I had it in my hands. Install took about 2 hours total, including actually cutting out the broken, aftermarket regulator (yup).
    Buying from FCP would make your next one free when this current one fails. Hope it has a long life!
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12