Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    That’s Really Deep.

Good luck with all of those fixes and clean up!

Sent from my iPhone Xs using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    I cannot believe Audi is engineered some of the essential components like that. It's crazy to service them.
    Good luck Charlie!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ZHPGUY View Post
    That’s Really Deep.

Good luck with all of those fixes and clean up!
    Thanks Serg and Guy. I can say I stayed away from Audi for this long because I have heard how you have to take off the front of the car in order to do maintenance. I have always been afraid of doing this until this car. It is a time-consuming process to do maintenance on these cars but not too difficult. This is the second time I have taken off the front of this car myself and I can say going thru this the second time around, it is not as bad as I initially thought.

Each car have their unique ways to do maintenance and once you figure them out it is really not too bad as long as you have the right tools to do the job. In this case Botond was nice enough to lend me his ramps so I could do this.

I will say taking out the alternator for this car is a bigger PITA than it is when doing this maintenance/repair on the E46 BMW...

Charrie's AUDI S4 Avant

While I have my Audi in the garage and I’m waiting till Friday to get the parts, I decided to start giving the old girl a good detailing.

I’m sore today from working on the car yesterday but I managed to get the rear hatch, rear bumper and rear passenger side quarter panel clayed, compounded, sealed and waxed.

The finish on those areas where I detailed them are very close to what I currently have on my M3 and Porsche...

My Audi hasn’t gotten a complete detailing like this so I figure I can address every panel within this upcoming week then when I get my replacement Alternator and other items on Friday, I will be ready to do the work on Saturday and get everything done.

In the meantime, I have been dailying my M3 and absolutely loving it!!

Sent from my iPhoneX using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by cakM3; 09-22-2019 at 04:46 PM.

This blue car is amazing, when it's detailed, the depth a color look even better. Great job Charlie!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Wow, hellova job Charlie!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

This blue car is amazing, when it's detailed, the depth a color look even better. Great job Charlie!
    You can start to see the pearl in the Nogaro Blue color Serg! It takes time to really bring out the depth of this color but once you do it really shines. Pictures I have taken don't do justice to the color you see in person...

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Wow, hellova job Charlie!
    Thanks John! It has been a productive weekend for sure!

Charrie's AUDI S4 Avant

Replacement parts ordered from FCP Euro so I will have their lifetime warranty on these parts and coolant. I also sourced an OEM Audi radiator fan assembly to replace the broken one I found while doing this maintenance. Once I get these parts the fun part (reassembly) will commence this upcoming weekend...

As for the detailing... I’m progressing on the passenger side and getting the car detailed to my standards. Panels are smooth and looking like glass. Paint surface feels velvety smooth.

The area where my alternator is mounted was covered in oily dirt and was everywhere.

I cleaned the area so when I install my replacement alternator this area will be sorted... lots more to get cleaned in my engine bay but this is a good start

Even the intercooler piping got cleaned off...

It is nice to see this area cleaned as it should be.

Charlie, I knew you are going to clean up everything before installing new parts.
    Nice!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Charlie, I knew you are going to clean up everything before installing new parts.
    Nice!
    Thanks Serg!

You’re right... I do this with all my cars. Why wouldn’t I treat my Audi any different?

Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast