Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Charrie's AUDI S4 Avant

2001.5 AUDI S4 Avant

Introducing my AUDI S4 Avant!

Back in June I was talking to Botond about a few maintenance items and mods I was going to do for my ZHP and my friend Chris at that time was trying to sell off his AUDI S4's (yes he had a pair of them both in Silver) and I wasn't paying too much attention to them... well a few weeks ago things unexpectedly went into motion as Chris sold his B5 S4 sedan and had his Avant still for sale... one thing led to another and I was offered a killer price by Chris for his Avant that I could not refuse so I accepted...

I was also given a unique opportunity to buy back my BMW Performance carbon fiber strut bar from him so the car gods must have been smiling upon me that morning... I then realized 4 cars was just too much for what I wanted right now so I decided to sell my ZHP.

I had one person in mind to sell my ZHP to (Botond) and I gave him a killer deal he couldn't say no to either (keeping the car gods happy)... so all in all it ended up being a wash and I found myself selling off my ZHP and owning a 2001.5 AUDI B5 S4 Avant. All of this transpired on a Thursday morning while at work within an hour (texting to Botond and Chris)... it happened that fast...

I know there have been a few wondering which way I was going to go regarding my next car project but I decided on getting an Avant because of how easy it would be to transport parts for either of my cars and for that "sleeper" effect this car has so much potential for... My Avant already has the RS4 turbos and stage 2 tune producing 380 awhp so this makes my M3 the slowest car in my stable...

Make no mistake, this car is not in pristine shape... in fact she's far from it and I think this is why my friend literally "gave me" this car so I could rescue her... and this is exactly what I intend to do. Her paint is not in the best shape however I have a friend who own's a body shop and have already started working out details to get her looking right

Maintenance-wise she also needs some work, she's due for a timing belt/water pump change and I have already started ordering items that will be needed to do the maintenance... she also has a cracked windshield my friend failed to tell me about but no worries... I will just get this changed out. Also the car has dark (probably 20%) window tint which I have already started removing because the state in which I live in does not allow for aftermarket window tint.... how g a y .... the battery on the car is dead as well but has already been replaced by me today... oh and the car is not up to my standards of cleanliness but I have a steam cleaner I can use to get the carpets and interior cleaned. Also noted the headliner will need to get taken out and brought over to an upholstery shop to have it reconditioned. I'm sure I will find more items to fix

Anyway I'm setting up this project thread as a way to keep track of what maintenance and mods (yes, I can never stay away from modding any car I own) I will be doing while this car is under my ownership...

I like to say she's a diamond in the rough with a potential to be a beautiful ride....this is how she currently looks and I know when I get her sorted out I will appreciate looking at her "before" pictures to see how far along she will come along... just like my M3 it will be an amazing journey

Delivery Date: 01SEP2018

- Light Silver (similar to TiAg on my M3)
    - 5-speed Tip (ZF 5HP19)
    - Black Leather interior
    - Premium Package: Sunroof, HomeLink transmitter, Auto dimming mirrors
    - Cold Weather Package: Heated front seats, Heated outside mirrors, Expandable ski sack
    - Bose premium sound system
    - S6 front calipers
    - RS4 turbos/intercoolers
    - Stage 2 tune

Here are a few pictures of my new project...

Had to have a shot of my M3 in the foreground for my introductory picture of my S4 Avant

My "trifecta garage" has started.... all three cars are some shade of silver... this should be interesting since all three cars have a unique character all their own...

EDIT: Looks like I'm replacing my Silver S4 Avant for a California Nogaro Blue/Nogaro Blue S4 Avant... I have always wanted to have a blue car - I will now have one

No room at my garage to have 4 cars so I will have to let my Silver S4 Avant go to someone who is looking for a project car to restore/build...
    Last edited by cakM3; 09-06-2019 at 10:22 AM.

Nice Ingolstadt Prius Sport Charrie!
    Here's to many happy miles.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

-Brettski

Charrie has got his work cut out for him, but let's just say that'll make it a lot more satisfying when everything's been remedied.
    I know he doesn't mess around, so I'm curious where this ends up going. I know he won't disappoint.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Oooooh, that's a different beast all together. Silver stable will look great.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Very cool, let the fun begin!

Charrie's AUDI S4 Avant

I’ve already started detailing parts of the car...as well as starting to erase the accumulated neglect to my audi...

It will take lots of time and elbow grease to get my new daily driver back in shape...

Sent from my iPhoneX using Tapatalk Pro

Wow what a difference, Charlie has the Midas Touch! Keep up the good work!
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Man I LOVE a good transformation. So excited for this, I love the look of the B5 S4s

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Charrie's AUDI S4 Avant

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    Man I LOVE a good transformation. So excited for this, I love the look of the B5 S4s
    I was impressed you guessed correct based on clues I posted

I love this B5 S4 Avant because only 1500 of these were produced in this model year. I also love the old school look of this car and how easily it can be modded

Looking at this picture should give you an idea as to how dirty my engine bay looks. In time I will correct this and have an engine bay as clean as the engine bay in my M3

It will take some time to sort out but this is why I took on this project. Part of the fun in rescuing any worthwhile car....

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I was impressed you guessed correct based on clues I posted
    Just putting myself in your shoes. Guess I got lucky

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post

It will take some time to sort out but this is why I took on this project. Part of the fun in rescuing any worthwhile car....

Definitely my favorite part. Something about finding a car with potential that most would pass on and transforming it into a head turner. My ZHP was not always as fresh as it is now when I got it...and all I did was show it some love and elbow grease. Still have a-lot of restoring to go

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast