Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

While I was there they were rolling in an M6 to be worked on. You don’t see many of these around today....car is sharp looking! One thing I love about this shop is that it has that "old school" vibe going on....

Sent from my iPhoneX using Tapatalk Pro

Hey Charlie, looks like you had a nice and productive weekend. Nice job! I've heard about timing belts job on Audi's and they are definitely time consuming.
    Alos, that shop looks cool, a lot of interesting cars over there, which tells a lot.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    Hey Charlie, looks like you had a nice and productive weekend. Nice job! I've heard about timing belts job on Audi's and they are definitely time consuming.

Also, that shop looks cool, a lot of interesting cars over there, which tells a lot.
    Serg, you're absolutely correct. Doing the timing belt job for people like us is a time consuming job. Since we don't do this on a regular basis you want to plan this job out over a few days. This is something you do not want to rush thru...

I took two full days to get this job completed and learned a lot about my car both good and bad... there are a few more things I need to address before the car is 100% but keep in mind the car has 166k miles driven on her so she will require some more work to bring her back to perfection mechanically... the e-code headlights that are on the car are crap and will be sorted out with a brand new set of e-codes and Morimoto lighting. The problem with the existing e-codes is that there are broken tabs on both headlight assemblies that I did not catch and that's okay. I will just swap out the headlights and throw this set away...

The indy shop where I will be taking both Audi's to was the shop where I used to take my ZHP to so the head mechanic there remembered me and I showed him my new Audi. The guys at the shop all recognized the Nogaro S4 and I knew once I saw their reaction that my Audi will be in good hands... it is always nice to have a good feeling about any shop you take your car to for maintenance... lots more will be done for sure...

That's the hardest part as an enthusiast, finding a shop you can trust with your babies... there is a lot of stuff I can do myself on all our cars but sometimes I'd just rather have someone else fix it... I'm down to only two techs that I trust at Kristen's dealership where her labor rate is $30 an hr
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    That's the hardest part as an enthusiast, finding a shop you can trust with your babies...
    That's pretty much how I feel any time I take any of my cars to any shop... once they mess up (depending on how bad they mess up) it may be the last time I take my car to that shop. Unfortunately you can't control how the person working on your car does his work... you can only hope they will be careful and treat your car as if it were their own...

it's not always the case though...

Especially hard at a dealership as both of us found out recently...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Especially hard at a dealership as both of us found out recently...
    Where my Porsche is concerned that "issue" was given to me by a so-called trusted shop (not dealer in my case)... it goes to show you can't assume just because you have had good experiences from a particular shop to lower your guard... this is what I did. Even though I have a good vibe from the Audi indy shop, does not mean I will lower my guard... learned that the hard way with my Porsche...

Charrie's AUDI S4 Avant

ordered new euro headlight assemblies this evening to replace the broken ones I currently have...

Also sourced a Morimoto Bi-Xenon retrofit kit specifically for these headlight assemblies... going to wire them such that when high beams are engaged, I will have both the xenon and inner bulb light up

Looking forward to seeing the much improved lighting these new ecode headlights with Morimoto ballasts/bulbs/projectors will provide...
    Last edited by cakM3; 11-19-2018 at 01:02 PM.

Those Euro headlights look sweet! I bet they look even better when installed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast