Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Didn't want this to be my first post.

Hi everyone,

I am Mo and I am based in Blacksburg, VA. I hate this to be my first post, but I just crashed my beloved ZHP. I would appreciate any advice as to what to do with it and if anyone has suggestions about any shops. I am in school so I don't the time, tools, or space to work on it myself.

So the accident itself: I was out on drive with a bunch of my buddies on the way to New River and we were driving on the back roads around there. I came up to a sharp left hand turn and not knowing these roads very well, I braked too late and the car went full understeer mode. Thankfully there was a bit of a run off area but since it was gravel, once I got on it the car slid and hit the rocks on the side of the road.

I know it could've been much worse and I am thankful that no one was hurt. But I very mad at myself and what I've done. I already went to a shop just to check if they can get a tire mounted on the wheel because the lip of the wheel is badly damaged and they said that it should be fine.

My biggest concern is the fact that now the car looks to have positive camber and I am not sure if that is just the alignment or if a ball joint is torn. I limped it back to a friend's house and will take it to a shop on Monday. Please feel free to suggest what I should do for the body work and how much it would cost.

Anyways, sorry for the depressing post.

Here is the link to some pics: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Ua?usp=sharing

The good news is that I still have a set of rear wheels for sale.

Looks like it could have been much much worse. If it does go into the rear diff cradle. Those are easy and cheap to get. Pain in ass to swap.
    Family that races together stays together
    2005 330Ci 6MT SGM (x2)

Talk to the guys at BimmerWorld - they're in your area (Dublin, VA): https://www.bimmerworld.com/
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Welcome to the Mafia.

Could be so much worse! You can have this fixed and keep driving your ZHP, and that is what it's all about.

Enjoy!
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Glad everyone is okay... Take it to a reputable indy to do an inspection. Hopefully there is nothing else impacted.

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    Welcome to the Mafia.

Could be so much worse! You can have this fixed and keep driving your ZHP, and that is what it's all about.

Enjoy!
    +1

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Sorry to see this OP. I'll echo what everyone else has been saying and suggest you take it to a shop for evaluation. A professional would be able to identify what doesn't look right and you can take it from there.

Best of luck on your journey
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

+1. Welcome to the Mafia. Hope it gets worked out and you get to post some good news.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Didn't want this to be my first post.

Welcome from Fredericksburg. Sorry for your misfortune. Hope you can get it sorted.
    Last edited by ELCID86; 09-13-2018 at 05:01 PM.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I will keep you updated about the car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast