Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Convertible Glove Box Lock

The automatic locking feature for my glove box hasn't worked since I got the car last year. Not a big deal since I could lock it with the key, but it wouldn't automatically lock when you lock the car with the FOB and with the top down. And hey - it's supposed to work

So after searching the forums, I decided to take the lock apart. Most folks said you were going to find broken wires. And they were right. Here's my locking mechanism opened up showing the broken wire. The one remaining wire that was attached also broke while I was soldering the broken one back on, so resoldered that too. End result - just got it all back together and - it works

Interesting that the label on the back appears to have what could be a date code of 27.11.2006. But my 2005 was built on 11/30/04.........
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Pete

Good stuff! I fixed mine by getting a new piece and swapping the lock.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

johnrando, curious, how did you swap the lock cylinder? I am working my way through a similar fix to this and will be needing to swap over the lock cylinder from the original-to-my-ZHP's latch to the new replacement latch and am seeking guidance/instructions on how to remove the lock cylinder from the old latch.

All the best, - fL -

Quote Originally Posted by FLarimer View Post
    johnrando, curious, how did you swap the lock cylinder? I am working my way through a similar fix to this and will be needing to swap over the lock cylinder from the original-to-my-ZHP's latch to the new replacement latch and am seeking guidance/instructions on how to remove the lock cylinder from the old latch.

All the best, - fL -
    I don't totally recall, I'll see if I can find out what I did.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    I don't totally recall, I'll see if I can find out what I did.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    That would be incredibly helpful to me! Thanks, hope you are able to fill-in some of the steps for me!
    - fL -