Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Exclamation Tint on rear windows needs to be removed, questions about rear defroster

Hi everyone, I am a new owner of a beautiful Silver 2004 330ci ZHP. Today I went to get my front and side windows tinted and the guy did a good job removing the side tints that had bubbles all over (I'm guessing either from age or a bad previous tint job) and putting new ones on, I'll have to see what it looks like tomorrow and the next day. The rear window is terrible with bubbles and whatnot, but I am afraid of the removal process because he told me there's a 100% chance that it will destroy the rear defroster. Now I am conflicted because it ruins the look of the car, but I don't want to ruin the defroster either. I'm planning on calling another tint place tomorrow to see if they may be able to remove it without destroying the rear defroster. For reference I am in the SoCal area, will be posting pictures as soon as I can get some really nice shots on the weekend. Thanks

Yeah you can remove the tint without ruining the defroster. Go to a different person. I replaced mines twice already, rear defrost still works from that last time I remember using it.

Thanks for replying, it's going to look so good without the bubbles

Tint on rear windows needs to be removed, questions about rear defroster

You can get a clothes steamer to remove your window tint yourself. This is what I’m using to remove the 20% window tint from my audi and so far it has come off without damaging my rear defrost lines on my hatch window.

The steam heats up the tint and, I think, goes thru the tint and allows the tint to be easily pulled off the window. Very easy to do as well

Sent from my iPhoneX using Tapatalk Pro

I went to another tint guy today and he told me that he doesn't use steamers anymore because overtime the headliner starts peeling off, he gave me advice on how to take it off, but I'm probably just going to leave it with him at some point when I have a day off

Google search for the ammonia & black trash bag method of removing tint. It should be done on a warm day - hopefully you still have them on SoCA!
    Here are some results:
    http://store.northerntint.com/howtorewiti.html
    http://floridawindowfilm.blogspot.co...ndow-tint.html
    https://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Window-Tint
    https://windowcleaner.com/community/...uestions/31079
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Welcome! Where are you in SoCal? A few of us are around. GL with your tint removal.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Bump as I have the same issue with my rear tint and am interested in how this turns out, including cost to remove and replace.