Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SiriusXM

Hybrid View

SiriusXM

All,

Due to radio reception in SoMD being so crappy, I want satellite radio.

I have factory nav, what else specifically do I have to have in the car to receive Sirius?

My understanding is 2004 is pre-wired, but there probably still is a box I need.

Cheers,
    Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by prowlerflyer; 09-13-2018 at 01:36 PM.
    2004 330i ZHP ESS TS2 supercharged
    Silver Grey/Black leather, Xenons, factory Nav, 19" VMR V710 & 18" ZHP wheels for summer, Turner Motorsports rear sub-frame kit

Do you know if you can add Sirius XM and AUX in at the same time?

You can certainly have both (as I do). Probably best to do at the same time if SXM requires HU removal b/c Aux does.

Sorry but I’m a noob to this. What all displays on the nav radio if I buy all of this ? I’m assuming I’ll have to get a subscription, anything else ?

Look at post #3 for the SIRIUS module and antenna.

The SIRIUS module in the video is the older gen one. The newer gen SIRIUS modules look like the one in the above pic. @ Shawby1, this is what I have in my M3.

Here is the link to the diy video what you have to do:

Another option would be to get a streaming account and stream it from your smartphone. Yes, more cumbersome than being integrated, but.. 3 selectable bitrates, so MUCH better audio quality than you're going to get from a decade-old XM-only receiver with some ancient codec. I've streamed it via CarPlay in my VW and it sounds spectacular, even at the middle setting. If you have good cell reception and an unlimited data account, shoot for the moon and stream at full resolution - which is reportedly 320kbps.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

^ this is a good option. Be sure whichever route, don’t pay full price. You have to call and play the “I’m going to cancel game” every 5-6 months.

Just saw this for 3 months free.

Enjoy three months of SiriusXM for FREE if you have an inactive, factory-equipped satellite radio https://9to5toys.com/2019/02/08/siri...nactive-radio/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast