Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 85

Thread: FCP euro

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Socal
    Posts
    1,050

    Angry FCP euro

    Didn't know where to put the thread, so I put it here. Right now I am furious at them. Just woke up to a shipping label created email. Seriously?!

    So I ordered on 9/7. Paid for shipping to get my parts faster. It arrives 9/12, that same day I check the contents. They gave me two FCABs of the same side and it's missing the transmission mount I ordered. I called them within the 30 mins I received the package and it was near end of day for them to let them know. CS person says that it will be expedited and shipped to me asap. So you would think it would come like in 2 days maybe a week tops right? Didn't get any email about tracking like they told me, emailed them. They keep telling me it's shipped already (which I know is BS cause where is my tracking?). Then today, which is 8 days later, they finally ship it (technically, didn't ship, only label created). WTF. So it's going to come next week? How does it take so long to process a fuck up on their part? I don't even know why I paid for shipping then. The original reason was so that I could get it faster, but if it's going to come incorrectly and then get delivered correctly at the original "free shipping" delivery date.

    Oh yeah, I contacted the FCP euro member that was here to see if he could help me. Couldn't help me and told me to email them. So what do you do? Just general questions and PR I'm assuming?

    Honestly, I only paid more for FCP euro parts for the service. It wasn't about the lifetime warranty or anything. I care more about service support. It was highly rated here. I find it severely lacking. I guess they are only good if you get the right parts the first time and their easy warranty (which I haven't tried). None of my items are going to fail any time soon for that to happen anyways. And if you do need assistance, if you're not planning to start the project for like a month out, then you're fine.

    So now, because this part is going to arrive next week or two in which I won't even be in town, I'm forced to go find/buy the part locally to get it installed.

    edit:
    Special order only part. Awesome. It'll come next week as well. If I knew it was going to take FCP this long, the dealerships could have gotten it to me like yesterday. Guess I'll just wait for the part to come in.
    Last edited by sillieidiot; 09-20-2018 at 09:01 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kensington, Maryland
    Posts
    2,202
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Didn't know where to put the thread, so I put it here. Right now I am furious at them. Just woke up to a shipping label created email. Seriously?!

    So I ordered on 9/7. Paid for shipping to get my parts faster. It arrives 9/12, that same day I check the contents. They gave me two FCABs of the same side and it's missing the transmission mount I ordered. I called them within the 30 mins I received the package and it was near end of day for them to let them know. CS person says that it will be expedited and shipped to me asap. So you would think it would come like in 2 days maybe a week tops right? Didn't get any email about tracking like they told me, emailed them. They keep telling me it's shipped already (which I know is BS cause where is my tracking?). Then today, which is 8 days later, they finally ship it (technically, didn't ship, only label created). WTF. So it's going to come next week? How does it take so long to process a fuck up on their part? I don't even know why I paid for shipping then. The original reason was so that I could get it faster, but if it's going to come incorrectly and then get delivered correctly at the original "free shipping" delivery date.

    Oh yeah, I contacted the FCP euro member that was here to see if he could help me. Couldn't help me and told me to email them. So what do you do? Just general questions and PR I'm assuming?

    Honestly, I only paid more for FCP euro parts for the service. It wasn't about the lifetime warranty or anything. I care more about service support. It was highly rated here. I find it severely lacking. I guess they are only good if you get the right parts the first time and their easy warranty (which I haven't tried). None of my items are going to fail any time soon for that to happen anyways. And if you do need assistance, if you're not planning to start the project for like a month out, then you're fine.

    So now, because this part is going to arrive next week or two in which I won't even be in town, I'm forced to go find/buy the part locally to get it installed.

    edit:
    Special order only part. Awesome. It'll come next week as well. If I knew it was going to take FCP this long, the dealerships could have gotten it to me like yesterday. Guess I'll just wait for the part to come in.
    Hello Hieu,

    I'm very sorry to hear about the 2nd order being delayed, I certainly understand your frustration. We always aim to ship out orders within 24 hours and the delay you experienced should of never happened. It looks like the Service Rep. you spoke to assumed there wouldn't be a delay on getting the mount and bushing retainer out next day. Unfortunately our vendor didn't have them in stock and we didn't have another vendor option since they're Genuine parts. Any delay should of been communicated to you with a resolution to get parts sent your way in the quickest time frame possible. I see the order has been shipped but I'll keep an eye on this and follow up with my Service Department.

    I'll also refund what you originally payed for shipping. Please let me know if there's anything else I can help with in the meantime.

    You can email me directly at davidg1@fcpeuro.com .

    Regards,
    Dave
    Last edited by FCP Euro; 09-29-2018 at 01:58 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Socal
    Posts
    1,050
    So I got the part on Saturday. UPS said that it was delivered Friday, but I looked everywhere and didn't see it. Ended up coming on Saturday morning. That was a lot faster than I expected still. so I was able to finish the car up.

    I also just got an email saying that you guys went ahead and refunded the shipping. I didn't really need it for all of $10. That really doesn't satisfy me all that much for all the headache I went through due to the lack of communication regarding my order. But thanks anyways.

    Now I have to go drop off that RMA for the duplicate FCAB.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    So I got the part on Saturday. UPS said that it was delivered Friday, but I looked everywhere and didn't see it. Ended up coming on Saturday morning. That was a lot faster than I expected still. so I was able to finish the car up.

    I also just got an email saying that you guys went ahead and refunded the shipping. I didn't really need it for all of $10. That really doesn't satisfy me all that much for all the headache I went through due to the lack of communication regarding my order. But thanks anyways.

    Now I have to go drop off that RMA for the duplicate FCAB.
    Hello Hieu,

    I'm glad to hear you received your parts. I added a customer credit to your account in the amount of $50.00

    If you need anything in the future you can email me directly at davidg1@fcpeuro.com .

    Regards,
    Dave

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by FCP Euro View Post
    Hello Hieu,

    I'm glad to hear you received your parts. I added a customer credit to your account in the amount of $50.00

    If you need anything in the future you can email me directly at davidg1@fcpeuro.com .

    Regards,
    Dave
    That's good customer service!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,866
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    That's good customer service!
    50$ can make a lot of things much better.
    2003 Oxford Green ZSP 5MT 330i
    "I thought you were the car whisperer, Dario." -johnrando

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    503
    I can easily say that, in general and by far, FCP Euro is the fastest shipper of all the part suppliers I frequent.
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (50k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&W CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, and WeatherTech floor and cargo mats

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Posts
    581
    Depends on your location. If you are West coast based, then it's one of the slowest.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Madison, Alabama
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by Sreten View Post
    Depends on your location. If you are West coast based, then it's one of the slowest.

    Pretty sure if you live on the west coast you deserve it.
    Family that races together stays together
    2005 330Ci 6MT SGM (x2)

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FCP Euro
    By bvmackin in forum Product and Storefront Reviews
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-07-2017, 12:32 PM
  2. OEM Euro rcr tails
    By illirep in forum ZHP-Related Parts & Accessories (no vehicle sales)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-04-2017, 05:56 PM
  3. DTM Euro Spec
    By GSEN820 in forum Product and Storefront Reviews
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-30-2012, 07:54 PM
  4. euro-plate?
    By bimmer848 in forum General -- ZHP Related
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-12-2011, 06:48 PM
  5. Euro BMW 330 ZHP?
    By Wisco in forum General -- ZHP Related
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 11:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •