Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: FCP euro

FCP euro

You don’t need that. The 5000 came with two different sets of rubber blocks, short and tall. I can measure them when I get home. Also where they go on the rail you can easily cut some 4x4 wood blocks to fit in there to get the added height if needed. I will take some pictures later.

The maximum lift height I find plenty high enough. The lift fits under my car with the rubber blocks in place (short ones) and my car is lowered about 1.5” inches.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

thanks, great info. 4"x4" blocks are a lot cheaper than their extentions ($200+). Quick Jack site does say it comes with 4ea of the 2" and 3" blocks

It makes sense to get the 5000 first, then see if I want to devise a way to get it higher. Of course I've just put both the ZHP and my E92 into winter storage, so that exhaust on my Ford Escape my be the first thing I tackle

Now I just need that Black Friday or Holiday sale!
    Pete

On the QJ there are two small areas on the back that measure 8x5 and one large area up front that’s s 12x5.

Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 11-24-2019 at 09:46 PM.

great to know, thanks! Now just waiting for the Black Friday Gods to tease me with a deal I can't refuse......
    Pete

Bringing this thread back to life to say I've finally had a truly negative experience with FCP's famously bad packaging.

It's not FCP's fault that Sach's decided to put the left and right struts in different size boxes...but considering the one box was too small to fit an uncompressed strut to begin with I have a really hard time believing that piston wasn't already protruding from the product box before it went in the shipping box. Why do I not give FCP the benefit of the doubt on that? Because the FedEx box was in remarkably good condition considering its size and weight. Oh, and because the upper and lower spring pads were just thrown in the box loosely. It's a good thing I only ordered parts for the X3 and not for both cars on this order, otherwise I'd be trying to figure out which part goes to which car through trial and error.

I really hate to bitch about this, especially considering FCP's free shipping had the package delivered on a Sunday, and it was on my porch 52 hours after I placed the order. But come on guys, how is poor packaging STILL an ongoing issue? If I wasn't the first stop on the truck because I happen to live 5 miles from FedEx's North Carolina hub there's a really good chance that strut would be damaged and unusable. I use y'all for every part I buy online for all 3 BMWs in my family, and recommend FCP to everyone, but this ranks up there with the box @ZHPizza had a few years ago.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Wonder why the strut didn't have a strap on it either. Usually they are compressed when shipped.

As far as the loose parts being thrown in, that is just poor packaging. Seems like these are the types of issues that arrise when orders are shipped this fast.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

FCP really needs to improve their packaging standards. I ordered 4 new rotors and one of them actually had dings on it from slamming into the others during shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
    FCP really needs to improve their packaging standards. I ordered 4 new rotors and one of them actually had dings on it from slamming into the others during shipping.
    Last set of rotors I bought were packed 2 into 1 box. Same issue happened.

These were the Zimmerman

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

FCP euro

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Wonder why the strut didn't have a strap on it either. Usually they are compressed when shipped.

As far as the loose parts being thrown in, that is just poor packaging. Seems like these are the types of issues that arrise when orders are shipped this fast.
    Neither strut had a strap, and both boxes were still factory sealed. They were, however, both crushed from poor packaging.

I’m used to getting some parts in a generic bag with a handwritten part number scribbled on it, but never anything truly loose in the box. And the lower spring pads are “genuine BMW” (unique part to the E83 and FCP doesn’t carry an OEM equivalent) so I was really surprised they weren’t in the typical OE parts bag with blue label.
    Last edited by 704sw; 06-07-2020 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Didn’t English good
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

When I did my shocks & struts 3 years ago, they were packaged properly, but FCP decided to reuse & recycle a box for another set of dampers - I think they were for aftermarket coilovers. I had all my parts delivered to my friend's place since we were working on my car there, and he was also ordering a bunch of parts, so we had a few stacks of boxes in one corner of the garage. Cue an hour or so of sorting through all of the boxes, trying to find a big brown box with blue tape on it. We eventually found my dampers because no, my friend didn't order aftermarket coilovers for his MR2 - I assumed he did and just set that box aside.
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011