Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FCP euro

Quote Originally Posted by 3LiterStraightSix View Post
    I agree that box is unacceptable, but I dont think you can blame Fcp for that, that's the shipping service. You cant expect Fcp to reinforce their boxes with a rollcage now . As long as there is enough packing material to keep the part from bouncing around in the box, I don't think it's fair to ask much more on Fcp's end. Usps on the other hand... I'd rip them a new one!

Good luck with the install, hope your sensor is okay!

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    This. While I agree the packing could have been better (item centered with 2" of bubble wrap or peanuts all around the item), ultimately as long as the item doesn't move around it should be fine even with what they did put in there.

The shippers are more to blame for this scenario. For a box to show up like THAT is completely unacceptable with regards to the shipping companies used.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I'm not blaming anyone here but just sharing my experience.

I do think the box is oversized for the item and it was packed incorrectly.

And why not use 1 shipping carrier for the package? USPS has proven over and over that they can't be trusted.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

When I ordered my radiator they only put a single piece of brown packing paper in the box with the radiator. It just bounced around the box the entire trip. I also ordered the circular beauty caps that cover the bolts on the valve cover, the same ones that break like every time you remove them.

FCP threw them loosely in the box with the radiator. No bag or anything just tossed them in the box. Every one of them were broken and since they were loose in the box with the radiator they bent multiple fins on the radiator.

I had to request time off to do repairs on my car and work on the cooling system. It was warm the weekend I requested off. Parts came in broken, customer service was extremely slow and vague with how they were going to solve the issue. I ended up needing to go out and buy another gallon of coolant to hold me over for another week while I waited for the parts to come in.

Finally got the parts a week later and swapped everything out on a very cold and windy Saturday.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

I'm sorry to hear about the packing issues and I'm glad this was brought to my attention. I'll personally talk to my warehouse manager to make sure we have parts placed in the right size boxes with appropriate fill so nothing gets tossed around. I know it's frustrating receiving something damaged and I wouldn't want anyone to deal with that since it can be easily prevented. On the customer service side of things please message or email me directly if responses seem lacking, I'll make sure there's appropriate follow up.

We appreciate the continued support, if there's anything I can help out with feel free to reach out.

davidg1@fcpeuro.com

Regards,
    Dave
    FCP Euro

e. davidg1@fcpeuro.com
    w. www.fcpeuro.com

Lifetime Replacement Guarantee, Free Shipping on $49+, and Hassle-Free Returns. Shop BMW Parts

And there you have it! I love Fcp. Way to go Dave!

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

I recently had a similar experience with my recent order. My package was secured with 3 lines of packaging tape going across the short side of the box. The FCP tape going along the length of the box seam was completely broken. All the items were accounted for but was a surprised they would ship it in that condition. To note, the box itself came in perfect condition so I don't think the shipping company damaged it. However, my oil pan gasket was bent to 120 degrees assuming 180 degrees is flat. The box was too small for the part and they placed all the items on top. A couple hits with the hammer and bending got it back into shape...
    2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Interlagous Blue | Maritime dash and console trim | 6MT
    UUC short shifter, Euro cats, CSL Euro headers, Evolve CSL Intake and tune, TC Klein Smart Design Double Adjustable Coilovers, Dinan strut brace, CDV Delete, ZHP shift knob, Arkym splitter and spoiler, WPC Bearings, ARP rod bolts, Apex Arc-8, VAC Pump Upgrade, Bluebus

Quote Originally Posted by FCP Euro View Post
    Hello Hieu,

I'm glad to hear you received your parts. I added a customer credit to your account in the amount of $50.00

If you need anything in the future you can email me directly at davidg1@fcpeuro.com .

Regards,
    Dave
    Thanks. I guess that would give me reason to give you guys another chance.

I have not had a bad or even poor shipping experience with FCP. I used to use pelican almost exclusively, almost never ecs, and would buy fcp for the warranties.

Now I use fcp more than the other 2 or is it one.

My two cents
    Family that races together stays together
    2005 330Ci 6MT SGM (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by PetesZ View Post
    I have not had a bad or even poor shipping experience with FCP. I used to use pelican almost exclusively, almost never ecs, and would buy fcp for the warranties.

Now I use fcp more than the other 2 or is it one.

My two cents
    I've had some bad packaging experiences with them, but I still use them when the cost is the same as ECS. They sent me a big box with a [metal core] valve cover gasket, two bottles of diff fluid, and some of the seatbelt stopper pins that poke through the belt itself (they sharp af). All loose. The vcg got bent all to hell and one of the pins punched through a bottle of diff fluid, so the box and everything in it was soaked in stank oil.

Since then, I learned to put my cart together and take a long look at the list, assume that everything will be loose in a box together, and make adjustments as necessary. Ex: one order for control arms, another order for plastic parts, just get the fluids from Amazon to avoid another mess.

After all these reports of sloppy packaging, perhaps FCP should revisit their shipping practices. This seems to be the only complaint I've heard about FCP on this forum with the exception of Rob's one-off customer service experience.

In the few instances I've had to have stuff shipped (during that brief period where they closed the pickup center), my stuff arrived in one piece, though I did notice the packaging wasn't the best in those cases too. Luckily there was no damage to my products.

Otherwise, customer service has been top notch for the few times I've had to contact support. The staff I've interacted with have been fantastic so far. Just fix the shipping!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast