Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Ceramic Coating and Detail

I just brought my 2004 330ci ZHP into a local car wash and they were offering a ceramic coating service (including detail) for $299 that was guaranteed for 6 months. It looks great to me, they said they can also do a ceramic coating that lasts up to 5 years but that they have to keep the car for 3 or 4 days to cure the coating.

Name:  BJzGc41.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  844.0 KB

That looks great!
    We got a quote for the lifetime ceramic coating for the M2... $1500
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    That looks great!
    We got a quote for the lifetime ceramic coating for the M2... $1500
    Whose lifetime?! These type of coatings usually require a fair amount of paint correction to get the surface to its best for optimal results for the coating, so the fee is not out of the realm of reality (at least in the DC area). Many do require a 24-hour cure time.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Here is a paint modification that adds "Real Value" to your car.

https://www.armorthane.com/chemical-...n-coatings.htm

Especially if you live in the middle east
    Family that races together stays together
    2005 330Ci 6MT SGM (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Whose lifetime?! These type of coatings usually require a fair amount of paint correction to get the surface to its best for optimal results for the coating, so the fee is not out of the realm of reality (at least in the DC area). Many do require a 24-hour cure time.
    I don't remember... I heard $1500 and my eyes glazed over after that but the guy is legit... he mentioned several companies but he only uses one for the lifetime
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by PetesZ View Post
    Here is a paint modification that adds "Real Value" to your car.

https://www.armorthane.com/chemical-...n-coatings.htm

Especially if you live in the middle east
    LOL
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

For paint that is nearly thirteen years old I have to say that this really revitalized the car. To really do the job right and get to showroom quality I would need to do some polishing (i have some swirl marks), paint knick repair, and probably add a clear bra to the front; however, that would get really expensive real quick. It also is really easy to keep clean afterwards which is nice because in LA cars get dirty and dusty.

At least in my area, I noticed the plan requires an annual $260ish reapplication coating for vendor to honor these lifetime or "x" years guarantee. That being said it makes the car much easier to clean after the ceramic coating.
    2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Interlagous Blue | Maritime dash and console trim | 6MT
    UUC short shifter, Euro cats, CSL Euro headers, Evolve CSL Intake and tune, TC Klein Smart Design Double Adjustable Coilovers, Dinan strut brace, CDV Delete, ZHP shift knob, Arkym splitter and spoiler, WPC Bearings, ARP rod bolts, Apex Arc-8, VAC Pump Upgrade, Bluebus