Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Thread: Pillar material

Pillar material

I need to re-wrap my A and C pillars on my 05 sedan
    Where can I purchase the material? I would like to keep it authentic if at all possible

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

People have either bought new ones or re-wrapped.

If you re-wrap, it is cheaper, but 3 things: glue, material and don't scratch your windshield.

Spray glue: 3M Super 77, light coats both sides.

Material: at cloth and needle and thread stores. T-shirt like thickness, very pliable. Problem is that after 5 years, it fades badly. Stay away from upholstry material for headliner material it is often too thick to be of any use.

Really, if I had to do it again, I would buy new pilar covers, at least for the front.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Pillar material

FWIW I pulled the old stuff off my Cs and have never missed it or notice led it wasn’t there.
    Buy new front ones.

Just bite the bullet and purchase new ones.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    FWIW I pulled the old stuff off my Cs and have never missed it or notice led it wasn’t there.
    Buy new front ones.
    I pulled it off of all of the pillars and now they match

Black felt ftw

Buy new OEM, I had mine rewrapped very recently and while the material color is nearly identical the “grain” of the fabric isn’t the same (only noticeable if you get close to it) and the trim cover pieces for the A pillar don’t fit all the way because the fabric is too thick. I’ll probably sell my A pillars and get new OEM ones in the future. Then eventually replace the C pillars as well
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    Buy new OEM, I had mine rewrapped very recently and while the material color is nearly identical the “grain” of the fabric isn’t the same (only noticeable if you get close to it) and the trim cover pieces for the A pillar don’t fit all the way because the fabric is too thick. I’ll probably sell my A pillars and get new OEM ones in the future. Then eventually replace the C pillars as well
    That's what I did with my M3. You get perfect match going OEM even though it may cost more, for me it is worth the coin to have perfection...

I rewrapped mine (A & C) with 3M 1080, matte black, adhesive-backed (no glue) vinyl, and they look as good or better than original. Easy, too...
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats