Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You all have some gorgeous looking cars. Really impressive. Mine is pretty darn clean. Once I get some mechanical stuff sorted I'll work on getting it looking somewhat like all of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Also M3 or Z4M bar will fit and be cheap af

OP the driveability issues sound like alignment (toe out). If the FCABs are trashed then the front tires will toe out at speed and feel twitchy on the highway. New bushings with a touch of toe in will make it very stable in a straight line.
    Definitely could be an alignment. It wandered and tramlined horribly until I replaced the front tires. Now it's just a wee bit nervous. I will get an alignment after I replace the shocks and bushings.

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Stick with the rubber. They are solid and not liquid filled like the factory units.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Are the Z4 bushings oil filled or solid rubber?

Quote Originally Posted by Mendoteach View Post
    You all have some gorgeous looking cars. Really impressive. Mine is pretty darn clean. Once I get some mechanical stuff sorted I'll work on getting it looking somewhat like all of yours.

Definitely could be an alignment. It wandered and tramlined horribly until I replaced the front tires. Now it's just a wee bit nervous. I will get an alignment after I replace the shocks and bushings.

Are the Z4 bushings oil filled or solid rubber?
    Solid Rubber

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

I’m going through a suspension refresh myself.
    I already did new Koni FSDs and have new control arms coming in and redoing all bushing/ball joints for rear trailing arm.
    You might as well replace the sway bar end links while you’re in there. One of mine was torn at only 9Xk miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for not searching or remembering, but what is the M or Z4 front suspension part that is often recommended but ends up putting the wheel/tire forward in the wheel opening vs. original? I'm all for "while you're in there" upgrades, but this looks strange, to me. Thanks in advance!
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Sorry for not searching or remembering, but what is the M or Z4 front suspension part that is often recommended but ends up putting the wheel/tire forward in the wheel opening vs. original? I'm all for "while you're in there" upgrades, but this looks strange, to me. Thanks in advance!
    Z4 FCABs

I believe M3 FCABs are centered, so they would be similar to stock.

It is my understanding that the Z4 bushing adds a bit of caster. That will increase the the wheels "self-centering" tendencies and increase the steering weight some.

Quote Originally Posted by d-rod View Post
    I’m going through a suspension refresh myself.
    I already did new Koni FSDs and have new control arms coming in and redoing all bushing/ball joints for rear trailing arm.
    You might as well replace the sway bar end links while you’re in there. One of mine was torn at only 9Xk miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll have a closer look at the sway bar end links.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12