Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Need help on making a difficult decision

Hey all, it’s been a minute since I’ve been on the forum doing more than just lurking, and that’s mainly due to the fact that my ZHP for the most part has been deemed a garage queen, and now that I’ve recently moved to Bozeman, MT she’s sat at home while i drive my truck out here. Or, that is, i did drive my truck out here up until this last weekend, when i unfortunately rolled my Tundra two and a half times coming down a mountain trail. For some odd reason the forum won’t let me upload pictures off my phone or my laptop recently, so I’ll sum it up as saying it’s totaled. My buddy l, who was in the truck with me, and myself are alright, walked away with a few cuts, bumps and bruises. But we did walk away.
    The truck on the other hand is a total loss, liability insurance is a real kicker when you throw your truck down a mountain
    Of course, the day of the accident just hours later, my family suggests i sell my beloved ZHP to fund a new truck to get me through school. I knew it was coming but it still hurt my heart to hear it being said. My brother already found a buyer, his roommate who works at BMW with him in Michigan, who would give me $10k for my 04 330i TiAg w/ around 113k(?) miles on the clock(honestly can’t remember the number which also depresses me). A great price no doubt, bought it in 2016 for just around there, but even with the price tag hanging in front of me it just reminds me how little truck i can get for that amount of money.
    So alas i come seeking advice. I’ve already found a handful of Toyota trucks that I’d be willing to buy, even some Tacoma’s with manual transmissions which would combine the shifting of the ZHP with the truck ride of my Tundra. But i just want to know if i should totally rule out just bringing my ZHP up here and subjecting it to the winter for at least this year. I have a set of winter tires back home, it’s just the last time i drove it in the winter was the winter of 2016-17 and can’t remember how well it handled in Chicago.
    I figured on a fleeing glimmer of hope that i could drive the ZHP for another year or two while i work up the coin to afford a truck without selling the Bimmer, but at the same time miss out on the opportunity to sell it for a decent price.
    Thoughts? Do i dare try to winter the ZHP again and risk subjecting it to maybe another accident brought on by the snow? I just really need some advice right now, my brother wants to finalize the deal by the end of the week, and the Tacoma seller wants to finalize THAT deal by the end of this week.

2004 BMW 330i TiAg ZHP/// 6MT(purchased from forum 6/06/16);
    KONI Yellows | Akebono Brake Pads | ECIS cold air intake system;
    Hotchkis Sport sway bar | ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber front strut brace
    Vibrant Performance Muffler | Coby Wheel Tri-Stitch steering wheel & shift boot
    Michelin PSS | Blizzak WS-80

Sorry to hear about your truck man that really sucks.

10k sounds like a pretty good price for the car. Mind you I don't know all the details of the vehicle but that sounds like you're getting a good deal.

If you plan on driving it in the snow you will need winter tires. It won't be able to handle things as well as your truck probably did but with the right set of winter tires you won't have much of a problem. There are a bunch of guys here on the forums that daily their ZHP through all weather. I drove mine through snow last year on Sockethead's old Blizzaks and had no issues with the stock open differential.

I can't speak to accidents in the snow. You have to trust and respect your own driving skills (and hope idiots stay away from you)

Life is a gamble man, just do what is going to make you happy. Good luck!
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Move to the south. No snow down here at all. I drive both ZHPs and the 550 on summer tires all year.
    Family that races together stays together
    2005 330Ci 6MT SGM (x2)

I would use the ZHP. Cheaper than buying a new truck, and you won't have this weight on your shoulders. A year or two of winter driving won't kill it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    Sorry to hear about your truck man that really sucks.

10k sounds like a pretty good price for the car. Mind you I don't know all the details of the vehicle but that sounds like you're getting a good deal.

If you plan on driving it in the snow you will need winter tires. It won't be able to handle things as well as your truck probably did but with the right set of winter tires you won't have much of a problem. There are a bunch of guys here on the forums that daily their ZHP through all weather. I drove mine through snow last year on Sockethead's old Blizzaks and had no issues with the stock open differential.

I can't speak to accidents in the snow. You have to trust and respect your own driving skills (and hope idiots stay away from you)

Life is a gamble man, just do what is going to make you happy. Good luck!
    Lol ive definitely recently experience the whole fact that life truly is a gamble, but unfortunately don't think ill be able to experience that gamble with the ZHP anymore Just found a nice built 5spd Tacoma in Denver that a guy is offering to deliver for me so looks like thats the way of the road at this point. Hopefully in 4 years I'll be able to buy the ZHP back(assuming that it's all still in one piece and with the same guy) or get behind the wheel of another.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I would use the ZHP. Cheaper than buying a new truck, and you won't have this weight on your shoulders. A year or two of winter driving won't kill it.

If it doesn't get sold by next weekend, which my brother is claiming that it will be, I'm throwing the winters on it and having her shipped out here, don't have time to wait anymore and I have the chance to get a Tacoma driven up here from Denver for me next weekend seeing that I get my funds lined up in time

Quote Originally Posted by PetesZ View Post
    Move to the south. No snow down here at all. I drive both ZHPs and the 550 on summer tires all year.

I've got at least four more years in Montana lol, I've lived southern of the hemisphere before(well, Hong Kong specifically) and I just love snow too much to make that move anytime soon, hence the reason I chose Montana

Quote Originally Posted by Prestovie View Post
    ... and I just love snow too much to make that move anytime soon, hence the reason I chose Montana

BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Sorry about the truck. They are easier to find. than good zhp's. Tough decision.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Sorry to hear about the truck! Your ZHP would have been fine in the winter! Mine was a DD in northern Ohio for the first five years of ownership!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast