Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Do you need a truck to haul around things for work or otherwise or are you just buying a truck b/c of the snow. Unless you really need a powerful truck you could either keep driving the ZHP with snow tires or try get a beater truck to use until you can afford to buy a new one. If you find a ~2000 4Runner or Tacoma with around 200k miles you can probably pick one up for 3-5k depending on condition. Also if that deal falls through trucks in state like CA are much cheaper than other parts of the country.

Whatever you decide I hope it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeNick View Post
    Do you need a truck to haul around things for work or otherwise or are you just buying a truck b/c of the snow. Unless you really need a powerful truck you could either keep driving the ZHP with snow tires or try get a beater truck to use until you can afford to buy a new one. If you find a ~2000 4Runner or Tacoma with around 200k miles you can probably pick one up for 3-5k depending on condition. Also if that deal falls through trucks in state like CA are much cheaper than other parts of the country.

Whatever you decide I hope it works out.
    Mainly want a truck at this point for offload/overland capabilities, but I have been looking at older Tacoma's. Actually found a mint example that was built and maintained by a master Toyota Mechanic for the past 5ish years, asking $14k with all the goodies, $15k including the rooftop tent Name:  00b0b_6jNM3hd0WgF_600x450.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  51.6 KB So I mean it's right in my budget, but 100% if my brother doesn't get it sold by next Friday to his roommate I'm telling him it's off and paying to get it shipped up here

2004 BMW 330i TiAg ZHP/// 6MT(purchased from forum 6/06/16);
    KONI Yellows | Akebono Brake Pads | ECIS cold air intake system;
    Hotchkis Sport sway bar | ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber front strut brace
    Vibrant Performance Muffler | Coby Wheel Tri-Stitch steering wheel & shift boot
    Michelin PSS | Blizzak WS-80

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Sorry about the truck. They are easier to find. than good zhp's. Tough decision.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Surprisingly difficult to find clean Tundra's/Tacoma's in the Montana area, people are holding onto these like food rations in the depression

Quote Originally Posted by 3ZHPGUY View Post
    Sorry to hear about the truck! Your ZHP would have been fine in the winter! Mine was a DD in northern Ohio for the first five years of ownership!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Definitely not opposed to the idea, just the folks kinda are at this point. In an ideal world I'd drive the ZHP this winter then work all this coming summer to afford another truck, just worried about ground clearance with the plethora of snow we're supposed to be getting.

Well my brother's roommate absolutely screwed me four days before I was going to be buying my new truck. Apparently he finally went today to get a loan and decided that he didn't want the ZHP anymore.
    So now I'm faced with trying to sell a car in Chicago while I'm in Montana (a listing that I currently have in the works) or just accepting the signs that the universe is giving me to not sell the ZHP and just drive it up to Montana after Thanksgiving.
    Thoughts?

Do it
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

How is Montana with plowing? I realize that a state with next to nobody in it would have a hard time keeping up...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Bring the car to Montana. List it for sale while you're driving it. Look for truck at the same time lol i'm sure someone in Montana might want your car.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    How is Montana with plowing? I realize that a state with next to nobody in it would have a hard time keeping up...
    I've heard tons of varying opinions. Apparently you can tell that you're crossing into Idaho just by how much better the roads are kept. But then others say that it's great, so I guess I'll be finding out the hard way lol

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Bring the car to Montana. List it for sale while you're driving it. Look for truck at the same time lol i'm sure someone in Montana might want your car.

It was kinda amusing how few BMW's were on the local craigslist that weren't motorcycles

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast