Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I flushed by brake lines 4K miles ago (last November), so that probably won't be my solution. And $30 for the salvage master cylinder - it also comes with both pressure sensors, so still happy with that
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by PetesZ View Post
    Try flushing the brake fluid first.

Check tire pressure

Clean wheel sensor

Then the pressure sensor

It means your abs and traction control are completely off. No damage just full analog mode on brakes. I run this way on every track day.
    I haven't gotten the light since the first came on, but just out of curiosity I checked my tire pressure since It was the easiest to do. They were 30psi all around, even though the manual recommends 32 front 38 rear. I haven't touched them since I bought them so It makes me question what else the PO missed, even though he was a bmw tech.

Is there any easy way to clean and check the wheel and pressure sensor without lifting the car? If not ill probably take the car in to have the brake fluid flushed and check on it then.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LiterStraightSix View Post
    Had this same issue. My first step was changing out a wheel sensor. It 100% fixed the issue. I did not even buy new, just picked one out dirt cheap at a junkyard.

There are a couple of different scenarios based on which sensor went bad. Does your cruise control still function when the DSC lights are on? How about your speedometer? Each wheel sensor is related to a certain function.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    I didn't notice any issues with the speedometer and I've never used the Cruise control. I'm leaning towards this being the issue since when I had the car plugging into the scanner the brake pressure circuits where equal and responsive to brake pressure. Circuit 1 was consistently 10 psi lower but I don't think that's a big issue.

Do you remember the part no. on the sensor by chance?

Responding to ComradeNick, when I cleaned my sensor, I found it easiest to pull the wheel to get easy access to remove/disconnect and/or clean the sensor. 6mm allen head bolt holds it in

From RealOEM, appears the 2 rear sensors are the same part, but the fronts are different part numbers:

Pulse generator, ABS front right 1 34526792896
    Pulse generator, ABS front left 1 34526792897
    Pulse generator, ABS rear 2 34526752702
    Pete

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12