Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well, you have to completely remove the diff to do the bushings but by the time you unbolt enough stuff to get to the control arm bolt, you're half way there...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

isn't the rear control arm easy the replace? I remember replacing it and all you do is push up the diff and then take the bolts out. Takes a little longer on jackstands. But it's like a 30 min job to replace the arms on the lift.

I did mine when I was taking out the diff for the bushings.
    I know there are some you tube videos, maybe see how others did it on there...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Just did the "salad tongs" on mine. Originals with 157k and driver's side was bent so I just replaced them both. Pretty easy DIY. I had stopped into a dealership to get the latest passenger airbag recall done and they quoted me around $475 to do just the driver's side. Driver's side is a bit of a pain on jackstands with shifting the diff but not that bad. Passenger side goes much faster. Mark the orientation of the cam washers before you remove to get the alignment close enough for the drive to get things aligned.

This video was helpful for visualizing the basic idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V206BJ8DzAk&t=717s

DIY's here and on e46Fanatics were also helpful.

Picture is of the old driver's side and new one:

Name:  IMG_0073.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  146.9 KB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12