Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    I’ve heard that not all 16” wheels clear the front calipers. Also I guess if you get 16” wheels the side profile needs to be quite large to bring it up to stock size which probably will change how the car rides. But the wheels are tires are going to be much cheaper...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    These are et35... super inexpensive and good looking imo for winter wheels. What do you think, I really need some help as I blew out my spare today after less than 60 miles of driving 45 mph due to a blowout from my wheels being bent due to neglect of the dot when repaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    These are et35... super inexpensive and good looking imo for winter wheels. What do you think, I really need some help as I blew out my spare today after less than 60 miles of driving 45 mph due to a blowout from my wheels being bent due to neglect of the dot when repaving.
    If I was in your spot I would get 17s. But seems like you are in a bind and need some wheels soon. I don’t know if et35 would work if you that was a question but if you are confident then go for it...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Not confident are all lol, I really don't know.

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-whe...-cross/p/61253

From reading threads here and e46 fanatics I think it was only some 16s that would work in clearing the brakes. Don't remember which.

The tire rack offsets for a 7.5 for the 330i tend to be et40-45 range.

Watch your local Craigslist. I just picked up a set of sport editions A7 17x7.5 et42 with 225/50 blizzaks in good shape at 9-11/32 tread for $400.

I run AT Italia M Contour replicas (16x7.5 ET38). They need the slim wheel weights to clear the brakes.

Update: moral of latest CL story check all wheels, I was focusing so much on the condition of the Blizzaks I only checked some of the wheels in the set to confirm the offset. The two I looked at were 17x7.5 ET40, but the ones I didn't were 17x7.5 and ET28 (doh!). Tried mounting them anyway but with 225/50/17s the ET28 is way too much and rubs on hard turns/bumps.

CL tires and wheels are a pain. Tough luck on that one. I remember buying a set of winter Pirellis (Sotozero; shitty tire if you ask me) and one of them had a bulge on the side.
    Then there was the time I almost drove 1.5 hours to find out the bore size was wrong, everything else was perfect.
    Can you get spacers to move the wheels out some?
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Oli77, thanks. Seems I've been having a bad CL run of late, though this one's on me for not checking closely enough when I picked them up.

Unfortunately spacers are not the solution this time around since the problem is the pair of +28 wheels combined with the 225/50/17s. Too wide and too tall. If mounted on rear the tires extend past the fender lip and are tall enough that any suspension compression rubs along the outside of the tread block. If mounted on the front, the tires are just inside the fender lip but the tread rubs on the fender liner with any compression. Tried it both ways just to see if it might work.

The CL wheel turns. Watching ads last night for new listings and picked up a square set of Style 44s 17x8 ET+47 with 225/45/17 Blizzaks this morning. Much better fit. Now if I can sell the earlier mistake purchase all will be good.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris3 View Post
    The CL wheel turns. Watching ads last night for new listings and picked up a square set of Style 44s 17x8 ET+47 with 225/45/17 Blizzaks this morning. Much better fit. Now if I can sell the earlier mistake purchase all will be good.
    You’ll love the Blizzaks #snowmonster

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast