Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Hybrid View

Front wheel bearing -> popping noise

On a fully refreshed suspension, I'm getting an occasional pop/clink (not sure how best to describe the noise) from the front left. This is usually at parking lot speeds over undulations or turning into/out of garage ramps. The noise doesn't seem to happen going over speed bumps.

No drone, vibration, etc. at any speed can be heard (i.e. standard wheel bearing symptoms), but as everything else has been refreshed (and torqued properly) I was curious if others have heard of wheel bearings causing an occasional popping noise?

Quote Originally Posted by nsk040 View Post
    On a fully refreshed suspension, I'm getting an occasional pop/clink (not sure how best to describe the noise) from the front left. This is usually at parking lot speeds over undulations or turning into/out of garage ramps. The noise doesn't seem to happen going over speed bumps.

No drone, vibration, etc. at any speed can be heard (i.e. standard wheel bearing symptoms), but as everything else has been refreshed (and torqued properly) I was curious if others have heard of wheel bearings causing an occasional popping noise?
    Wheel bearings make a kind of wispy noise when they start to go. Like a bad wheel on a skateboard. When they die completely they seize up since their isn't enough lubricant inside the bearing to keep it spinning smoothly. With that being said I don't think your issue is a wheel bearing issue.

I'm not a suspension expert, but if you did do the rear suspension it could be the rear spring rotating on the perch a bit. I think I remember this happening to me for a little when I did the suspension on the ZHP. If this is the cause for the noise it should go away after a bit of driving.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Noise is 100% coming from the front. Obviously the noise is not the typical sign of a bad wheel bearing, but as pretty much all other potential sources of the noise have been addressed I'm having to think more creatively.

Going over bumps means both struts are reacting at the same time. Going over undulations would mean one strut then the other, maybe sway bar related?

Are your end links connected properly? Everything tight?
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

It would be worth a try to see if the end-links are tightened.

End links are new and tight.