Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    The aluminum pulleys are a nice upgrade however it's more of a long term upgrade. The plastic ones last 60-80k which is the service interval for belts, pulleys and cooling system parts.

As far as the Stewart water pump, that upgrade is a waste of money. The composite or metal water pumps do the job just fine even on track vehicles.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I disagree on the stewart pump, respectfully. The stock pumps definitely do the job just fine. However in my old 325Ci I upgraded to the stewart pump and found my average temperatures on my temp gauge read slightly lower. I don't have any numeric figures to genuinely compare or back it up. But I even noticed it lower when running in conjunction with a set of Turner Underdrive Pulleys.

In hindsight I wish I would have held on to those pulleys. I think I sold them for 80 bucks. But I didn't notice any real benefit from a honestly other than slightly stiffer steering on my 325 rack. That could have been in my head though. With pulleys, intake, and axle back I dyno'd 165whp lol

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Thatguy_JZ; 06-09-2020 at 04:11 PM.
    - 2005 Titanium Silver 330i ZHP 6spd -

We used to have a thread with a lot of us putting down our operating temperature. . .

There it is. 2 had data with Stewart water pump including me who went from 96 to 93 degrees C.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

interesting info. I'll probably get an OEM and a stewart in a few years

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Went over to the dealership and got a proper alignment over at the dealership after they had a special going for $158. Of course, my spec was way off which I suspected.

Interestingly, I had the strut tower reinforcement plates installed with my suspension AND already had the M3 strut tower brace installed, so the tech pulled me aside to tell me that there wasn't enough purchase on the nut and he didn't feel comfortable messing with the front camber since my zhp is mildly lowered.

The guys who put on the suspension didn't tell me that so now I'm at a dilemma. Is there a front strut mount that has longer bolts?
    Last edited by JPMo; 11-28-2020 at 12:07 PM.

Does your m3 strut brace have the correct nuts installed?

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP, Silver Grey Metallic, Dinan: Stage 2 Software, High Flow Intake,
    Free Flow Exhaust, Front Strut Bar, Stage 2 Suspension System, Staggered Hartge Replica Wheels,
    M3 Mirrors (Side and Interior), M3 Seats

Quote Originally Posted by PdZHP View Post
    Does your m3 strut brace have the correct nuts installed?
    I believe so. I did buy it used but I have the nuts and covers on and everything fits perfectly. I'm thinking you can't have both the strut tower brace and reinforcement plates installed together.

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    The guys who put on the suspension didn't tell me that so now I'm at a dilemma. Is there a front strut tower mount that has longer bolts?
    Actually yes there is. When I bought my car one of the strut mounts had been replaced and the bolts were much longer on it. But I threw those parts out long ago so I have no idea what the part numbers were. Perfect time to upgrade to E36 M3 strut mounts though. I'm running them with reinforcement plates and ACS rep bar and it has enough thread for the nuts.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    Actually yes there is. When I bought my car one of the strut mounts had been replaced and the bolts were much longer on it. But I threw those parts out long ago so I have no idea what the part numbers were. Perfect time to upgrade to E36 M3 strut mounts though. I'm running them with reinforcement plates and ACS rep bar and it has enough thread for the nuts.
    Thank you! I believe those change castor as well right? I have the Z4M FCABs which increase castor already so not sure I want more but I'm really not happy with the tramlining I was getting with the Z4M parts. So I think I'm gonna reevaluate with this new alignment but if it's not better, I may go back to the stock FCABs with the m3 top mounts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    That's insane. I'm pretty sure I have those collared nuts so I guess I have more purchase than meets the eye. I'm wondering why my installers didn't mention the issue when they put everything on.

I have Z4M FCABs and RTABs, and my tramlining improved a lot with a new alignment:

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast