Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Nice score on the headlights, especially considering it came with ballasts and all the other components.

Progress soon come...

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JPMo; 02-09-2020 at 07:53 PM.

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Last view of the ZHP as she gets the suspension refresh completed. Turns out I had some rubbing with the Z4M FCABs which I'm attributing to a bad alignment so I'm hoping a fresh alignment will get things back into spec. Also getting my front passenger wheel straightened and repainted. Absolutely cannot wait to see what the refreshed e46 chassis is capable of.

Parts list as follows:

Bilstein B8 struts and shocks

H&R sport springs

Lemforder ZHP front Control Arms

Tie rods with dust boots

Z4M front control arm bushings

Strut tower reinforcement plates

Lemforder M3 rear trailing arm ball joints in place of upper and lower rear trailing arm bushings

Rogue engineering rear shock mount

M3 engine mounts

Replacement front and rear away bar bushings

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Nice werk, that shld make a difference!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors

This may be a good time to replace the steering coupler. I refreshed the suspension last month at 150k miles and included the steering coupler.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Awesome work! Makes a huge difference. Did you ever get your headlight situation sorted out well?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    - 2005 Titanium Silver 330i ZHP 6spd -

Quote Originally Posted by Thatguy_JZ View Post
    Awesome work! Makes a huge difference. Did you ever get your headlight situation sorted out well?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Yes I did, took it to the shop doing my suspension work and they got everything ligne up perfectly. Turns out I should have kept the mounting brackets loose to allow proper placement of the headlight housings then tighten everything down. Such a common sense solution that evaded me during the frustration of the install.

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    This may be a good time to replace the steering coupler. I refreshed the suspension last month at 150k miles and included the steering coupler.
    You are absolutely right, I did the guibo and the lower steering shaft joint a year or so ago and steering is tight.

It's done! The ZHP is slightly lowered on Bilstein B8s with H&R sport springs with all new supporting bushings.

Since the front passenger wheel was noticably bent, the shop had a guy they send wheels to straighten and refurb them for about $100. More on this later.

First impression: she's tight! Steering feels great, firm and precise. My goodness the Bilsteins are stiff. I had heard from multiple people that was going to be the case but I wanted to go with them anyway. Car feels almost what I'd imagine a 911 or similar sports car feels like suspension wise.

Unfortunately there's some issues.

1. I have been dealing with passenger side bent wheels for over a year now after a series of potholes impacts causing tire punctures on I-95. I had the rear wheel repaired and was still experiencing slight vibration at interstate speeds and horrible wheel wobble at about 85+ mph. After noticing an obviously bent front wheel, I was expecting a perfectly smooth ride after this recent repair. Unfortunately, that was not the case. Vibrations are definitely improves however I still get slight vibration at interstate speeds with worsening at 85+ mph. I can only assume that both attempts at straightening where done by eye and are not completely straight. At this point, I'm over these style 135s and plan on getting some Apex Arc 8s in the near future with replacement style 135s at a later date.

2. The suspension is absolutely wonderful when I'm around my parent's house in N. Georgia, where the roads are nice and curvy. Unfortunately, on my trip back down to Macon via I-75, I had to deal with poor interstate/road conditions in and around Atlanta and Macon. Here the Bilsteins are less than ideal and road imperfections are quite jarring. Honestly feels equal to or maybe even slightly worse than traveling on my original blown suspension.
    Ultimately, I was looking to transition the ZHP out of daily driver duties in about a year or 2 so I think this is just going to accelerate that process.

here's to smoother roads

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast