Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Update:

Got the bluebus to work as intended and managed to clean up all the wiring mess I had with the iPod adapter. I used this tool to release the clips in the radio harness.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001C9ZMJW...p_mob_ap_share

I thought removing the harness would allow Bluetooth to display on the radio when selecting the different modes but it appears there's still a fight between CD and Bluetooth. Minor inconvenience that doesn't really affect performance.

I also finally managed to get some long overdue maintenance done. Basically all of the cooling system minus the radiator, which was already done, as well as the belts and pulleys. Feels good knowing I don't have to worry about my expansion tank blowing up for awhile.

Unfortunately no pics. Completely forgot.
    Next up: gloss black driver side door surround trim ordered and on the way from the dealer

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    Update:

Got the bluebus to work as intended and managed to clean up all the wiring mess I had with the iPod adapter. I used this tool to release the clips in the radio harness.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001C9ZMJW...p_mob_ap_share

I thought removing the harness would allow Bluetooth to display on the radio when selecting the different modes but it appears there's still a fight between CD and Bluetooth. Minor inconvenience that doesn't really affect performance.
    Interesting that you're still having this issue... glad to hear that you have resolved most of your issues now though

I also finally managed to get some long overdue maintenance done. Basically all of the cooling system minus the radiator, which was already done, as well as the belts and pulleys. Feels good knowing I don't have to worry about my expansion tank blowing up for awhile.
    Feels good knowing you won't have issues cooling system related for awhile now...

Next up: gloss black driver side door surround trim ordered and on the way from the dealer
    I'm not looking forward to doing this... I will need to source two (one for the driver's side and one for the passenger's side...

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Interesting that you're still having this issue... glad to hear that you have resolved most of your issues now though

I'm not looking forward to doing this... I will need to source two (one for the driver's side and one for the passenger's side...

Yeah not sure why but it seems purely cosmetic and I never really switch to the other options so no big deal.

Ah yes, the trim…It’s. So.expensive! Thankfully I only need one after sourcing new passenger side clips and gluing them in. It’s still holding strong. Drivers side failed after a week, partly due to my measuring error but alas, New part on the way.

Yeah not sure why there’s a fight but it seems purely cosmetic and I never really switch to the other options so no big deal.

Ah yes, the trim…It’s. So.expensive! Thankfully I only need one after sourcing new passenger side clips and gluing them in. It’s still holding strong. Drivers side failed after a week, partly due to my measuring error but alas, New part on the way.

She lives! After a bit of a hiatus, I'm back!
    Things completed:
    Rebuilt VANOS with OEM solenoids
    G.A.S OEM DISA
    Spark plugs with VCG
    Coolant pipes under intake manifold
    CCV system
    Intake boots

She EATS now. Such a fun car on the back roads especially coming from my new daily
    Next step are new bumpers and injectors because I'm getting slow starts with short stops.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

very clean man, congrats on getting it back to rippin' around
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Very nice! Glad things are back in ordered and you're able to enjoy!

I'm local to Atlanta and just got back into an E46 (330i mtech1), hopefully see you around sometime!

Replaced the starter, injectors at 174xxx miles after she wouldn't start. It sat for about 2-3 months until I finally decided to just tow it to the Indy. DIY work under the intake manifold just scares me.
    Finally can take her to work a few days/week.

Debating swapping out the H&R sports for Eibachs. Ride is a bit too stiff on these rough ATL roads. I almost feel like it's compromising grip.

6sp swap soon come

Replaced the starter, injectors at 174xxx miles after she wouldn't start. It sat for about 2-3 months until I finally decided to just tow it to the Indy. DIY work under the intake manifold just scares me.
    It's actually not bad to do. I watched a YouTube video from 50sKid on removing the intake manifold and it was a very easy process. Also there is not too many vaccum lines attached to the intake manifold on the ZHP so this is a very easy job to do. To me the hardest part of removing the intake manifold was popping off the fuel rail from the fuel injectors (not hard) and not losing the nuts securing the intake manifold to the motor.

Once the intake manifold was removed, I had so much access to the motor when I did my cooling system overhaul that the entire process was so much easier to work on.

Debating swapping out the H&R sports for Eibachs. Ride is a bit too stiff on these rough ATL roads. I almost feel like it's compromising grip.
    I would say install Bilstein PSS-10s. I am glad I did this to my ZHP and the car now feels so planted and it is nice having damping adjustability (10 different settings) to set the ride up. Right now I'm at 5 and am very pleased with the feel I'm getting from driving my car.

6sp swap soon come
    This will transform your ride once you go 6MT. Can't wait to see progress on this front!

It's actually not bad to do. I watched a YouTube video from 50sKid on removing the intake manifold and it was a very easy process. Also there is not too many vaccum lines attached to the intake manifold on the ZHP so this is a very easy job to do. To me the hardest part of removing the intake manifold was popping off the fuel rail from the fuel injectors (not hard) and not losing the nuts securing the intake manifold to the motor.

Once the intake manifold was removed, I had so much access to the motor when I did my cooling system overhaul that the entire process was so much easier to work on.

I would say install Bilstein PSS-10s. I am glad I did this to my ZHP and the car now feels so planted and it is nice having damping adjustability (10 different settings) to set the ride up. Right now I'm at 5 and am very pleased with the feel I'm getting from driving my car.

This will transform your ride once you go 6MT. Can't wait to see progress on this front!
    I was initially against coilovers just because I didn't want the extra complication but I suppose I should reevaluate my reasoning.

What top mount are you running for camber adjustments?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast