Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I have Z4M FCABs and RTABs, and my tramlining improved a lot with a new alignment:
    Let's hope so! I think I might go for a drive

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    Thank you! I believe those change castor as well right? I have the Z4M FCABs which increase castor already so not sure I want more but I'm really not happy with the tramlining I was getting with the Z4M parts. So I think I'm gonna reevaluate with this new alignment but if it's not better, I may go back to the stock FCABs with the m3 top mounts That's insane. I'm pretty sure I have those collared nuts so I guess I have more purchase than meets the eye. I'm wondering why my installers didn't mention the issue when they put everything on.
    Yeah they increase caster and camber, here's a quick shot of my alignment with those.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  164.4 KB

I'm not at all sensitive to tramlining so I can't comment on that with these mounts. I wouldn't even know how to detect it.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Well feels pretty good so far but I getting a high frequency vibration at speed on the hwy. I'm thinking my wheel bearings are toast. I also have some cupping on my tires per the bmw tech but I'm not sure if that could cause the vibration.

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    I wouldn't even know how to detect it.
    Does your car dart around at all on the highway, trying to find its way into the ruts of the road?

Well feels pretty good so far but I getting a high frequency vibration at speed on the hwy. I'm thinking my wheel bearings are toast. I also have some cupping on my tires per the bmw tech but I'm not sure if that could cause the vibration.
    Wheels are balanced? Have they thrown any of the weights?

Should be. I've had 2 wheels replaced now brand new OEMs and had them installed at a tire shop so they should be good to go.

I guess I could go and get everything rebalanced as that's not much money.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Does your car dart around at all on the highway, trying to find its way into the ruts of the road?
    No and I don't think I've ever experienced that in any car. The roads but pretty bad in NC but I've never seen visible ruts except when it's only slightly wet outside.

Also for vibrations, 9/10 times it's wheel or tire related. Also check the side to side play, there is a certain spec for that on E46 and even the slightest amount of rust on the hub face can cause vibrations.

Should be. I've had 2 wheels replaced now brand new OEMs and had them installed at a tire shop so they should be good to go.

I guess I could go and get everything rebalanced as that's not much money.
    If you bought your tires at Discount Tire they give you free balancing for the life of the tires.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Yes! Biggest qualm with the E46 was the lack of Bluetooth functionality. If I get to experience what everyone else has, I will be a happy boy!

Nice

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

JP's 2004 TiAg ZHP - OEM+ Build Thread and Maintenance Log

You will love the integration BlueBus provides. I love having this in my ZHP

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

Well its been a bit of a headache getting everything working properly. Didn't realize my ZHP had the iPod adapter installed, which can really mess with things so I'm still working on getting that removed with those pesky round pins. Thankfully, at the moment, I have everything working as it should thanks to Ted, who provided excellent customer service and answered all my emails and questions, many of which were due to my incompetence

Unfortunately, I broke my center AC vent getting it out to make space so waiting on a replacement. Gonna try and remove the glove box to get better access behind the radio in order to have it sit flush like from factory. Currently the mass of wires really prevents that.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast