Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: JP's 2004 TiAg ZHP - OEM+ Build Thread and Maintenance Log

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I have Z4M FCABs and RTABs, and my tramlining improved a lot with a new alignment:
    Let's hope so! I think I might go for a drive

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    Thank you! I believe those change castor as well right? I have the Z4M FCABs which increase castor already so not sure I want more but I'm really not happy with the tramlining I was getting with the Z4M parts. So I think I'm gonna reevaluate with this new alignment but if it's not better, I may go back to the stock FCABs with the m3 top mounts That's insane. I'm pretty sure I have those collared nuts so I guess I have more purchase than meets the eye. I'm wondering why my installers didn't mention the issue when they put everything on.
    Yeah they increase caster and camber, here's a quick shot of my alignment with those.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  164.4 KB

I'm not at all sensitive to tramlining so I can't comment on that with these mounts. I wouldn't even know how to detect it.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Well feels pretty good so far but I getting a high frequency vibration at speed on the hwy. I'm thinking my wheel bearings are toast. I also have some cupping on my tires per the bmw tech but I'm not sure if that could cause the vibration.

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    I wouldn't even know how to detect it.
    Does your car dart around at all on the highway, trying to find its way into the ruts of the road?

Well feels pretty good so far but I getting a high frequency vibration at speed on the hwy. I'm thinking my wheel bearings are toast. I also have some cupping on my tires per the bmw tech but I'm not sure if that could cause the vibration.
    Wheels are balanced? Have they thrown any of the weights?

Should be. I've had 2 wheels replaced now brand new OEMs and had them installed at a tire shop so they should be good to go.

I guess I could go and get everything rebalanced as that's not much money.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Does your car dart around at all on the highway, trying to find its way into the ruts of the road?
    No and I don't think I've ever experienced that in any car. The roads but pretty bad in NC but I've never seen visible ruts except when it's only slightly wet outside.

Also for vibrations, 9/10 times it's wheel or tire related. Also check the side to side play, there is a certain spec for that on E46 and even the slightest amount of rust on the hub face can cause vibrations.

Should be. I've had 2 wheels replaced now brand new OEMs and had them installed at a tire shop so they should be good to go.

I guess I could go and get everything rebalanced as that's not much money.
    If you bought your tires at Discount Tire they give you free balancing for the life of the tires.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567