Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Yup. Kinda wonder about that re parts. But hey, I can still get parts for my 1980 Truimph TR8 and they went out of business the next year, so you never know.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Yup. Kinda wonder about that re parts. But hey, I can still get parts for my 1980 Truimph TR8 and they went out of business the next year, so you never know.
    Thats comforting. Lets keep our fingers crossed

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

New update! New headlights!!

Ive been keeping my eye on a new set of Magnetti Marelli headlights because I didn't want to go the retrofit route. Well I checked eBay and found this set for $815 BRAND NEW! I instantly purchased and just received them. Packaging was excellent and the headlights seem to check out. They have the yellow AL sticker on the top and AL stamped on the lens cover.

I'll probably swap over the zkw lens from my originals tomorrow morning before putting those up for sale.

For anyone who may know, I posted a picture of the bottom of the headlight assembly. Do they include the mounting brackets? My suspicions tell me no, so I'll have to modify the existing or purchase new.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Nice update!
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Well done. I believe each side goes for $750 approx.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    Nice update!
    Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Well done. I believe each side goes for $750 approx.
    Thank you, it’s definitely the deal of the week! Just managed to take the old headlight assembly out and I’m REALLY debating swapping the zkw lenses in. I was never the guy to completely take apart a brand new, perfectly functioning set of headlights lol feels weird. Is it really worth it?

Yes it is.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

What could be the benefit of swapping the zkw lenses ? Better light output ... or just cosmetic ?
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    What could be the benefit of swapping the zkw lenses ? Better light output ... or just cosmetic ?
    My understanding is a better cutoff which is and slightly improved brightness. I’m currently stuck rotating the adjustments knobs to get the projector housing out. I know these two take forever but I’ve been working on this step for well over an hour and my hands are getting raw. Getting closer to giving up haha

I couldn't take it anymore. After spending 10+ hours swapping the lenses over I had to give up for the day.

I managed to get the lenses swapped and discovered that the high beam socket had a broken tab, which isn’t a big deal. Unfortunately, I just couldn't get the driver side assembly to mount properly and the passenger side doesn't seem right. I decided to walk away and try again in the morning or take it to a body shop since I'd need the headlights aligned anyways I swear I hate working on this car.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JPMo; 05-30-2019 at 03:11 AM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast