Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So I was under the impression that only M3 clusters had LEDs for the front two doors and no LEDs for the rear doors and then all non M clusters had LEDs in all four doors.

Well the test that theory I specifically put in a zhp cluster in my wagon conversion and it just happened to come out of a two-door zhp and surprise surprise no LEDs light up for the rear doors on the front so now I'm annoyed by that cuz now I'm going to have to go and soldering new LEDs just like I did for my M3 cluster. How annoying.

it must be a year thing because I know I have seen zhp clusters in coops the did have LEDs and all four locations so there must be like a year cut off where certain years. Clusters that had LEDs in all four locations and others it only had LEDs and only two locations.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by PetesZ View Post
    More than 200 miles difference between the mileage on the cluster and the DME ithink pop a tamper dot like mine has

Round dot
    The dot will trigger with a 100km discrepancy, or 62 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    it must be a year thing because I know I have seen zhp clusters in coops the did have LEDs and all four locations so there must be like a year cut off where certain years. Clusters that had LEDs in all four locations and others it only had LEDs and only two locations.
    You might want to take a closer look - it's possible only two are lighting up due to the cluster's VO. If it's coded as a coupe, then only those LEDs would light up, assuming all 4 LEDs were actually there.

You're no stranger to disassembling clusters - take it apart and check to see if the LEDs are hiding back there and that should give you your answer.

Coupe clusters are unique to coupes in the sense that the gauge faces are different for non-ZHPs. The faces are grey with italicized font. Sedans only had the black face with non-italics. I'm not too sure about the LEDs for non-M's... I have a spare coupe non-ZHP cluster at home - I'll take it apart when I get home and take a look to see if there are LEDs hiding under there.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12