Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Windshield wiper not variating during rain fall rate

The windshield wiper does not glide according to the rain fall rate. When I move the handle(to the right ) on the steering wheel up each notch, the wiper glides only once and goes back to its default stationary position on the cowl. (The small incrementing turns on the tip of the handle does not work also) . It does not glide at all if the handle is in 1st and 2nd lift position of the the 3 positions available(the 3rd position is the highest which the wiper glides the fastest and non-stop) which which would be a big help in variable rain rate situations, as it gets tiring to manually move the wiper handle while having to drive.

My local shop guessed roughly by saying it might be costly, as it may entail replacing the rain sensing until and taking the windshield out. Any specific ideas on cost and is normally done to fix this?

Probably not the solution you are looking for but you could just always have a fresh coat of Rain-x and not even have to worry about using the windshield wipers.. Haha. I rarely use my wipers in the rain

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    05 Jet Black with NB 6MT ZHP: Current
    05 Alpine White with Beige Auto ZHP: Sold
    04 Alpine White with Grey Auto 325xi: RIP

First step would be to read the BMW specific codes to see if it’s malfunctioning. You might be able to recalibrate it
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Here's a DIY for replacing the sensor. Doesn't look like the windshield has to come off.
    http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/247857

I'm not quite sure if it's for E46 as I saw a picture of an E38 in the guy's signature, but the equipment appears similar enough where I'd imagine it's the same process.

Not sure if this is your issue, but this one has info on where to get the adhesives and whatnot:
    http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=461209
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.