Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Corner light + mount

So a guy backed up into my car today leaving a dent in the fender and breaking the corner light, at least he left a note.

I'm going to take the car to a body shop for the dent, but the issue is the corner light needs to be replaced along with the mount the holds it in.

I tested the connection and the electronics still work fine, but the plastic tab that you use to unscrew it snapped off. Does anyone know how to fix this, and if there is a part to replace it?

Thanks

Also idk why it keeps uploading the pictures tilted,

Damage from the front:

Name:  IMG_2929.JPG
Views: 302
Size:  264.8 KB

Snapped off mount:

Name:  IMG_2934.JPG
Views: 264
Size:  196.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images     

that sucks........... but at least he/she was an honorable person to leave the note

As much as we tend to try to fix everything ourselves on this forum, you're under no obligation to do that in this case. I'd have the body shop give you a quote for all the damage, then decide if you still want to do any of it yourself
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by pedro2u View Post
    that sucks........... but at least he/she was an honorable person to leave the note

As much as we tend to try to fix everything ourselves on this forum, you're under no obligation to do that in this case. I'd have the body shop give you a quote for all the damage, then decide if you still want to do any of it yourself
    Welp the body shop quote was a lot more than I expected. The entire fender panel needs to be replaced, and the small plastic tab he broke off means the whole headlight assembly needs to be replaced too. Looks like I’m just going to go through insurance and have them take care of everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep an eye on the quote the issuance co gives you. They probably quote junkyard parts to repair it...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Keep an eye on the quote the issuance co gives you. They probably quote junkyard parts to repair it...
    State Farm did this to me.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

State Farm sucks the big one
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    State Farm did this to me.
    I have AAA and looks like he has USAA, if they try pull that on me I have two estimates from two body shops. Hopefully I don’t have to use my own insurance but at least I have that option.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

avoid using your own insurance at all costs. I've had people hit me, thenI mistakenly involve my own insurance - who pays me right away. Then a year later, find out my rates went up because my insurance company decided not to subrogate the claim against the other insurance company. This has happened 2 times (FU Liberty Mutual) They didn't want the cost of the battle with the other insurance co... So up go my rates????? WTF????

Fight them

BTW I no longer have Liberty Mutual
    Pete

So at this point it looks like the insurance company is going to pay for the damage, I still need to make sure they valued the car correctly and don’t total it. I’m going to be paid upfront based the body shop estimate and then I am free to make repairs from there. I still want to see if I can fix the mount myself because the alternative is replacing the entire 1500 headlight. I need to fish out the mount from the bottom of the car and try glue or buy a plastic welder to reattach it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast