Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ComradeNick View Post
    So at this point it looks like the insurance company is going to pay for the damage, I still need to make sure they valued the car correctly and don’t total it. I’m going to be paid upfront based the body shop estimate and then I am free to make repairs from there. I still want to see if I can fix the mount myself because the alternative is replacing the entire 1500 headlight. I need to fish out the mount from the bottom of the car and try glue or buy a plastic welder to reattach it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sounds like a tentative win?

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Sounds like a tentative win?

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    Yup, insurance company paid out the amount w/o raising any total loss issues. Found a decent price used headlight on ebay, identical to mine and I’ll be swapping the lens from mine on it since mine are cleaner. Install and corner replacement looks simple enough, so I’ll be doing that myself soon, and I’ll leave the fender repair to the professionals.

So this is the tiny piece of plastic that I was able to pull out after removing the headlight that caused this whole headache. I still installed the new headlight but this shouldn’t be hard to reattach to keep as a spare or to sell at a discounted price later on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12