Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Whammy's Dadwagon Project - Outback 3.6R

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    VA/DC
    Posts
    14,414
    Good to know on the adaptive CC. It worked pretty well on my 14 hour round trip to Huntington, WV for T-giving. Will be getting more comfortable on our trip to SC over Christmas. I gust have to remember my other cars donít have it...!

    HU has frozen several times on me. I think I saw on the OB forum that you updated your firmware? Is that done over WiFi?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Good to know on the adaptive CC. It worked pretty well on my 14 hour round trip to Huntington, WV for T-giving. Will be getting more comfortable on our trip to SC over Christmas. I gust have to remember my other cars don’t have it...!

    HU has frozen several times on me. I think I saw on the OB forum that you updated your firmware? Is that done over WiFi?
    Sadly no, my HU does not have wifi capabilities. I had to go the manual/USB route. That said, I've been reading a lot of 2018 owners are having issues with the headunit where it either freezes or dies. To get a replacement from Subaru takes weeks. Apparently, Subaru just released an update. I would do some research on SOF. There are a few threads in the Gen 5 subforum about it.
    -Jeff

    '16 Outback 3.6R | Sold: '03 ZHP

    "There is a straight six engine at the front, a manual gear box in the middle, and drive goes to the back. That's page one, chapter one from the petrolsexual handbook." - Jeremy Clarkson

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    VA/DC
    Posts
    14,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Whammy View Post
    Sadly no, my HU does not have wifi capabilities. I had to go the manual/USB route. That said, I've been reading a lot of 2018 owners are having issues with the headunit where it either freezes or dies. To get a replacement from Subaru takes weeks. Apparently, Subaru just released an update. I would do some research on SOF. There are a few threads in the Gen 5 subforum about it.
    Yep. Our HU has frozen several times. Mostly when using CarPlay. So far so good on our trip to SC today. Weíve been sitting in traffic throughout VA and NC and have been jamming to SXM the whole way without issue (not using CarPlay). 2.5 hours to go (he says hopefully)

    Just got a recall notice on the fuel gauge (not accurate at the bottom and ppl run out of gas...) so perhaps Iíll get both done once the speedo fix is available.

    Merry Christmas.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    756
    You too Shawn!
    -Jeff

    '16 Outback 3.6R | Sold: '03 ZHP

    "There is a straight six engine at the front, a manual gear box in the middle, and drive goes to the back. That's page one, chapter one from the petrolsexual handbook." - Jeremy Clarkson

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hollywood, MD
    Posts
    316
    Miss my Subi wagon.

    Name:  IMG_0156.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  471.9 KB


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2004 330i ZHP ESS TS2 supercharged
    Silver Grey/Black leather, Xenons, factory Nav, 19" VMR V710 & 18" ZHP wheels for summer, Turner Motorsports rear sub-frame kit


  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    756
    Next upgrade for the 3.6R and my wife's X5. :D

    -Jeff

    '16 Outback 3.6R | Sold: '03 ZHP

    "There is a straight six engine at the front, a manual gear box in the middle, and drive goes to the back. That's page one, chapter one from the petrolsexual handbook." - Jeremy Clarkson

  7. #17
    Congrats


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    2,432
    Weird seat cover, but u do u...


    congrats bruh!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    VA/DC
    Posts
    14,414

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Congrats


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Weird seat cover, but u do u...


    congrats bruh!
    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Awesome. Congratulations!
    Thanks Shawn!
    -Jeff

    '16 Outback 3.6R | Sold: '03 ZHP

    "There is a straight six engine at the front, a manual gear box in the middle, and drive goes to the back. That's page one, chapter one from the petrolsexual handbook." - Jeremy Clarkson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Whammy's Journal Thread
    By Whammy in forum Projects
    Replies: 413
    Last Post: 10-12-2018, 05:52 AM
  2. 4th BMW, 1st ZHP - Somewhat of a Project
    By Racuerex in forum New Members (or older members who have not introduced themselves)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-16-2018, 06:48 AM
  3. peter's new ZHP project: Project Estoril
    By slater in forum Projects
    Replies: 248
    Last Post: 12-01-2016, 06:00 AM
  4. Replies: 421
    Last Post: 08-19-2015, 05:08 PM
  5. 2008 Subaru Outback XT Limited 5 speed MT
    By brewer90 in forum Other Automotive Classifieds (No ZHPs)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-03-2013, 07:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •