Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleBlackZHP View Post
    That is interesting, I have heard that BMW switched to a perforated leather steering wheel in 2006 due to premature wear, but I always assumed the shift boot and e brake would still be alcantera, good to know.
    Hmm, you might be right. Maybe it’s something they did for the Great White North? BMW loved to do small little variations between markets.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

My '06 coupe with Alcantara/cloth interior has the perforated wheel with leather boots. I picked up a pair of Alcantara boots though, because!
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    My '06 coupe with Alcantara/cloth interior has the perforated wheel with leather boots. I picked up a pair of Alcantara boots though, because!
    Good to know, can anyone else who has an '06 with perforated leather wheel confirm? Lol yeah I kind want to switch to alcantera boots too, and I wouldn't mind getting the lip spoiler, make it more ZHP like.

Good to know, can anyone else who has an '06 with perforated leather wheel confirm? Lol yeah I kind want to switch to alcantera boots too, and I wouldn't mind getting the lip spoiler, make it more ZHP like.
    Do yourself a favor and pay up for Coby boots. I tried the “CliqTuning” tri-stitch alcantara boots and while they look nice they’re a PITA—shift boot barely fits the frame and kinda pulled apart at the stitching when trying, and the brake boot material is so thick it barely folds back over itself to zip tie it like you’re supposed to.

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Do yourself a favor and pay up for Coby boots. I tried the “CliqTuning” tri-stitch alcantara boots and while they look nice they’re a PITA—shift boot barely fits the frame and kinda pulled apart at the stitching when trying, and the brake boot material is so thick it barely folds back over itself to zip tie it like you’re supposed to.
    Thanks! Coby wheel products look amazing and priced not too bad, I will defiantly get these in the future. That being said I just cleaned and treated all the leather in my car and the leather boots look pretty nice now, they should hold me over for a while until I sort some of the bigger issues out.

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Mine fit great tho?

Mines an 06 with all leather, no alcantara - July build - and I didnt even get a ZHP shift knob (was a stock M3 one)
    2006 330Cic | Monaco Blue on Natural Brown | 6MT ZHP ZPP ZCP NAVI

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagn View Post
    Mines an 06 with all leather, no alcantara - July build - and I didnt even get a ZHP shift knob (was a stock M3 one)
    Oh heavens, no. The M3 broom handle is horrible. Too tall and no weight.

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagn View Post
    Not even an M3 one; I think it was a regular shift knob! The M3 one is all leather with an integrated boot, and is lit. I remember yours being a standard non-lit knob with a separate boot, right?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Not even an M3 one; I think it was a regular shift knob! The M3 one is all leather with an integrated boot, and is lit. I remember yours being a standard non-lit knob with a separate boot, right?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Yes, that was the first thing that I replaced. Wasn’t an integrated boot, but had the ///M logo (I still have it so that I can swap it back if I ever decide to sell)

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...086#post422086

The shift knob is not a standard ZHP shift knob, but instead an M3 style one with a separate shift boot. The boot leather is in excellent condition, as is the shift knob and emblem.
    2006 330Cic | Monaco Blue on Natural Brown | 6MT ZHP ZPP ZCP NAVI

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast