Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Totally agree. I wouldn’t do it on style 135 of you ever want to remove it (but doesn’t WD40 cut thru PD pretty well?). I did my son’s 68’s a few years back and they looked pretty good. Sold the car with the black PD on them as the buyer wanted them that way.

Those look fantastic. That design is perfect for dipping. WD40 does alright. But dip is surprisingly resilient vs normal rattle can. With the 135s, it takes so many coats of PD to get a proper seal that using WD40 is like using a water hose to fight a house fire.

Easy off and Goo Gone for paint work rather well. But once again, because 135s take so many layers to do a good job, the dip more or less becomes a very pliable mess VS just running off. I ended up having to give each of the wheels a quick mineral bath just to get all the dip off between the spokes.
    Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    There's also this stuff called 'Autoflex'. It's a pealable paint, unlike platidip, which is basically rubber/plastic. Makes it look a lot better than plastidip, but it is also kinda expensive. I think its somewhere around $100 for enough paint to do all 4 wheels. I was gonna use it on my grill, but decided to try plastidip with a coat of gloss first. I am happy with the results for now.
    Autoflex is nice stuff. It approaches the cost of an actual paint and clear but leaves you with an actual removable option. And it will look a lot better than PD up close. I've never used it on 135s but, from experience, it's much easier to remove from detailed items than PD is. And most light paint removal chems will take it right off if needed.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Fenrir; 10-28-2018 at 05:00 AM.

AFE stage 1 CAI, Silicone Stett Intake Boots, AA Headers and Exhaust, AA Tune, Cat Delete, Hicon GT Adjustable Coilovers, Quaife Helical LSD, EVO 3 SS Kit, UUC Organic Clutch w/ UUC LW Flywheel, GTR rep carbon fiber hood, CSL rep carbon fiber trunk, CDV delete, CP Forged Pistons & SP Forged Con Rods, MotoZ projector headlights, Sony bluetooth/touch nav, & lots of love
    -Ben