Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need Help With Final Stage Resistor

Well after 2 hours and a lot of cursing I was able to get the old one out. However, the replacement one I got from Turner Motor Sports looks nothing like it. Although, they are both made by BEHR the new one doesn't have the same retaining clip on top and my old one wasn't held in with any screws. I drove down to the BMW dealer and they had a Valeo one in stock that looked just like the one from Turner.

For those of you that have replaced these were you able to find the old style one or did you go with the new style? If the new style what did you use to hold it in? The dealer gave me some T20's but I was hoping to find the old style one. See pictures below:

The two top pictures are the olds style and the two bottom are the new style. When I replace this on my X5 several years ago the parts looked identical
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by Johnd; 11-01-2018 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Changes

I believe the old style got updated. Nla

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    I believe the old style got updated. Nla
    Correct.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Thanks for the quick response. Without the retaining clip how is it supposed to stay in..

I replaced mine with the updated style, but the way it attached was identical..

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

I bought my replacement FSR from FCPEuro.com and it was a drop in replacement for the OEM one in my car.
    2004 330i E46 with ZHP performance package and cold weather package

how long ago did you replace it.. All they have listed now is the newer style

https://www.fcpeuro.com/BMW-parts/33...ds=64116920365

Well after another 2 hours today I finally have the new one in. Hopefully this will cure the battery drain issues I have been having. If not the dealer said they would do a diagnostic for $139

Quote Originally Posted by Johnd View Post
    Well after another 2 hours today I finally have the new one in. Hopefully this will cure the battery drain issues I have been having. If not the dealer said they would do a diagnostic for $139
    How is a climate control resistor related to battery drain?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 3LiterStraightSix View Post
    How is a climate control resistor related to battery drain?
    They often fail causing the fan to continue to run even with the car off, killing the battery.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast