Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Rear inner fender rough?

I've noticed on my new-to-me '03 sedan that the forward edge of the rear inner fender liners are rough and jagged. They almost seem unfinished. But both sides are identical in this. Looking at some BAT ZHP images these seemed to show the same thing. Maybe a function of the way the fenders were modified to fit the body kit side skirts? My car is original paint, but for a front spoiler respray.

Anyone else see this? Hoping...
    '03 ZHP
    Apex, NC

Here's what Mine looks like. Passenger side is identical. Pardon the grime...

Name:  IMG_0001.JPG
Views: 184
Size:  559.1 KB
    '03 ZHP
    Apex, NC

49 views and not a single comment.

Huh.
    '03 ZHP
    Apex, NC

Quote Originally Posted by RPM ZHP View Post
    49 views and not a single comment.

Huh.
    I'll check my car tonight, but I'm pretty sure mine has paint there, if still covered in a thick layer of dirt.

Same here, my car has original paint color in that area, although dirty.
    That clear 2-tone demarcation all the way through the skirt on yours sure looks weird to me. Like, did someone spray the inner fender area?
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    Same here, my car has original paint color in that area, although dirty.
    That clear 2-tone demarcation all the way through the skirt on yours sure looks weird to me. Like, did someone spray the inner fender area?
    Nope. That's grime from snowy commute this week. The paint underneath looks original. Funny thing is that the somewhat jagged notch is identical on both sides.
    '03 ZHP
    Apex, NC

Just found some pics of my fenders. Looks normal, my dude.

FYI the tire pushes back towards the rear when the suspension is compressed, so you'll never run the risk of contacting that edge.

Mine looked like crap, but based on other pictures I saw it looked “normal.” It was like it got a single layer of paint and no clear coat. I masked it off, sprayed it with black rubberized undercoating and it looks infinitely better.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors