Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB Inpa?

WTB Inpa?

I was going to test out that cheap b800 for my airbag light, but decided Inpa was the better buy here. Now I'm contemplating where to purchase it. I'm a little iffy of the ebay sellers.... Is there a reputable seller somewhere?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Talk to kretzu - he's on the F30 forum, but knows his stuff! E-series and Fxx/Ixx/Gxx-series use different cables and software. Good luck!
    https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1312102
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Bimmergeeks cable can be used for EXX and future platforms
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Talk to kretzu - he's on the F30 forum, but knows his stuff! E-series and Fxx/Ixx/Gxx-series use different cables and software. Good luck!
    https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1312102
    Cool thanks!

Just know that BMW doesn't sell this software to anyone, that I know of. Don't pay for software; it's available online for free.

All you'd need to buy is a compatible cable.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Just know that BMW doesn't sell this software to anyone, that I know of. Don't pay for software; it's available online for free.

All you'd need to buy is a compatible cable.
    Where does one find the download? I've been scouring e46fanatics and the like but there is so much contradiction I want to cry

Quote Originally Posted by 3LiterStraightSix View Post
    Where does one find the download? I've been scouring e46fanatics and the like but there is so much contradiction I want to cry

have you looked at this thread at the top of this forum?

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-Coding-Thread

i am using the Mikes easy tools that contains INPA 5.06 and it works fine.

if all you are trying to do is reset an airbag light then i would suggest PA Soft/BMW Scanner with its own proprietary cable. theres a guy that sells it in the for sale forum here on this site. PASoft has a much more user friendly interface and can also do things like scan all your individual modules, let you clear codes and code them if they allow it.

INPA is more developer type software and outputs a lot of diagnostic messages and logs in German. you will be googling and youtubing much more with INPA
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    have you looked at this thread at the top of this forum?

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-Coding-Thread

i am using the Mikes easy tools that contains INPA 5.06 and it works fine.

if all you are trying to do is reset an airbag light then i would suggest PA Soft/BMW Scanner with its own proprietary cable. theres a guy that sells it in the for sale forum here on this site. PASoft has a much more user friendly interface and can also do things like scan all your individual modules, let you clear codes and code them if they allow it.

INPA is more developer type software and outputs a lot of diagnostic messages and logs in German. you will be googling and youtubing much more with INPA
    Thanks. I figured I'd get more bang for the buck with Inpa since I'd like to do other coding as well as clear the airbag light. I'm pretty tech savvy, so I don't mind learning!

Quote Originally Posted by 3LiterStraightSix View Post
    Thanks. I figured I'd get more bang for the buck with Inpa since I'd like to do other coding as well as clear the airbag light. I'm pretty tech savvy, so I don't mind learning!

INPA doesnt do coding though.. its just diagnostic functions and error message and SOME commands for certain modules like ABS, SRS, SMG PUMP system...

but there is no coding of modules. that is NCS EXPERT and that does the coding and again is free as well with the mikes easy tools package.

PASoft does a lot of the same coding that NCS can do on many modules but with a nice user interface. PASoft can code SOME options but usually most of the more common options. NCS Expert can code ALL options in a module but needs more time to understand the process of reading modules, editing *.trc files and then saving them as *.MAN files and WRITING them back to the module.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    INPA doesnt do coding though.. its just diagnostic functions and error message and SOME commands for certain modules like ABS, SRS, SMG PUMP system...

but there is no coding of modules. that is NCS EXPERT and that does the coding and again is free as well with the mikes easy tools package.

PASoft does a lot of the same coding that NCS can do on many modules but with a nice user interface. PASoft can code SOME options but usually most of the more common options. NCS Expert can code ALL options in a module but needs more time to understand the process of reading modules, editing *.trc files and then saving them as *.MAN files and WRITING them back to the module.
    Ohh good info! So what cable will i need for PaSoft? Will the inpa K+CAN work?

http://www.uobdii.com/wholesale/bmw-inpa-k-can.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast