Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Ryan’s Free46 revival thread.

Long time no E46 but I’m back!

Cousin had the twin to my old Whitexi still 12 years later and she was parked for 4 years in need of TLC. Long story short I had the option to take her so I did. To much history to just see it go to the scrap yard, and it’s also a 325xi.

I wanted a second car anyway to help relieve my X5 35d of constant use. Plus it gives me leeway to not rush when working on either.

Day 1: I got to see what I was working with, she started right up. As it sat with 199,500 miles it had a exhaust leak at the front flange. All 4 door vapor seals leaked allowing water inside, needed rear shocks, heater blower, a major cleaning and various other things.

Finally home!

Failed vapor barrier

Failed vapor barrier

Before wash

After first wash

After many washes I started the paint correction process.

First paint reconditioning done.

Cleaned inside

Cleaned inside

First maiden voyage.

Glued this back together.

Seized blower motor caused the FSR to basically burst into flames. Smoked started bellowing from the dash but I caught it in time. New FSR and used blower and she’s back in business.

This by far was the worst thing I have ever dealt with on any of my vehicles. So many drill bits and. 20 hours later and I was able to get it back together.

Recovered the A and C pillars. However I will have to grab replacements at some point since the plastic is extremely brittle.

Drivers side window regulator, no surprise here lol.

Some new tires, minor maintenance and slowly bringing it back. I love driving this car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

No way..... that's awesome! Welcome back!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Nice Werk Sir! Lovin' this thread. Reminds me of a newer version of what The Hack Mechanic has been doing, but this time in the ZHP Familia! Cool revival.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

-Brettski

Well hello there!

Good to see you back Ryan! congrats on the e46
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Thanks everyone!

I’ll try to update this as I go. I forgot how hard it is to take pictures and do the work lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

Excellent work! Welcome back.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Welcome back to e46 platform! You have great progress and car looks so clean after several washes.
    Did you have any major problems on bringing engine back to life after 4 years of storage?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk