Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Occasional front end "popping"

Hopefully the last noise diagnosis thread for me... I get an occasional pop (could also be described as a soft "crack") from the front left. The noise you get when you tap your knuckle against the window is a similar sound.

This tends to happen mostly within the first couple minutes of driving after the car has sat for a while. While not consistently reproducible, it will often happen when I'm easing out of a parking garage (<1mph) right when the front left tire goes over the seam b/w parking garage and street. The noise will also happen as the car transitions from flat to going down while driving down through a parking garage. The noise doesn't seem to happen going over bumps.

Struts, mounts, FCAs, FCABs, tie-rods, end-links etc. are all new. Everything should be tight.

Ideas?

what kind of FCABs?
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

OEM / Lemforder on FCAs and FCABs.

I replaced my front suspension bits and developed a knock several months later that was mostly noticed in parking garages. I was about to replace major parts again when I started disassembling I noticed one of the end link nuts had worked loose. (Hope yours is as easy to fix. )

Thanks. I double checked all the nuts up front a few months back so, unfortunately, I don't think it's the end links. Was the noise you experienced pretty intermittent?

Quote Originally Posted by nsk040 View Post
    Thanks. I double checked all the nuts up front a few months back so, unfortunately, I don't think it's the end links. Was the noise you experienced pretty intermittent?
    Yes. We’ll only noticed at slow speed and occasionally.