Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
    Got an email from Home Depot today letting me know the QuickJack 7000SLX is back ordered until 12/15 because of the Black Friday demand.
    How'd you order the 7000 from Costco? I don't even see it on the Costco site? That's why I ordered the 5000..... mine arrives on 12/10.

And Paris, that's the cure all, we've done it several times and the memories last forever. Make an attempt to speak some French if you're able.. Don't be THAT American..........
    Pete

I ordered the 7000SLX from Home Depot, I don't have a Costco membership.

Now I have a new dilemma. I never thought to go out and measure anything (I based my decision on weight only) and though the SLX will fit the E46 no problem, it is a couple inches short on the X5. So I have an email in to Taylor at Bendpak to see if we can swap for the 7000EXT with the price difference paid. I can always buy the extenders but I will have 2 more rails to store and it is just a band-aid for the EXT I should have anyway.

The max lift point spread on the 5000/7000SLX is 60" and the X5 lift points are 62.5" center to center. Name:  cursin.gif
Views: 182
Size:  2.2 KB

Minimum lift points on the SLX is 31.5" and the minimum lift points on the EXT is 37.7" and our E46 lift points are 48.5" center to center. The max lift points on the 5000/7000EXT is 66" and the rails on the 7000EXT are only 6.5" longer (3.25" on each end) will easily fit the wheelbase and should work on both my cars.

And yes, I do know just a little French, I have raced Le Mans 6 times so France is not really new to me but my wife has never been there so she will love it.
    Last edited by Overboost; 12-05-2019 at 09:16 AM.

I ordered the 7000SLX from Home Depot, I don't have a Costco membership.

And yes, I do know just a little French, I have raced Le Mans 6 times so France is not really new to me but my wife has never been there so she will love it.
    Duh... right, you said Home Depot, not Costco.... I had the Costco discount on my brain, maybe I should pay attention

LeMans 6 times... I'm speechless. Respect. Sounds like there are some great experiences in France for you.

And, I've always just used "je ne par pal francais, parle vous english?" when I'm in France. Would usually get a smile, and likely find out they spoke perfect English anyway. Important to respect that Europeans usually have made the effort to learn English as a 2nd language, but most of us ignorant Americans typically only speak one language and still expect that if we just talk louder they'll respond to us.....

My experience has been that expecting everyone to speak English when I travel is a bad plan...
    Pete

You are exactly correct. I have raced all around the world and I find if you at least attempt to speak the native language without butchering it, people will almost always be happy to help you with your question or needs. The population tends to be more rude in the big cities but I guess the same can be said here in the states in the larger metropolitan areas.

I'm anxious to get a call in to Bendpak when they open today to see where my failed order ends up going. I really need the EXT instead of the SLX to be the correct tool in my garage.

I've been fortunate enough to travel extensively in my job over the many years, and I've thankfully had people help me many times in foreign countries. It changed me so much.... I'm now that person who tries to help that wandering foreigner in our airports who clearly could use a friendly hand

because I'd guess that if the same "i'm lost" situation happened to most foreigners on a street corner in most major US cities, they'd probably be trampled
    Pete

Pay it forward. Great attitude. I have to say the most hospitable people in all the countries I have been to was Japan. We ran Okiyama a few years ago and our team arrived in Narita airport on Sunday, 4 days early to the race event and the team principles handed everyone a 100,000 yen (US$1000) and told us not to be late to the track on Thursday. I wandered around Tokyo and other cities for days taking time to meet people and take in the culture.

So an unbelievable call with Bendpak QuickJack. I called and checked on the BL-7000SLX back order and they explained they were definitely on back order due to all the purchases on the various Black Friday sales. I asked if they had the BL-7000EXT in stock and they told me they had plenty. I asked if I could change my order from Home Depot and pay the difference. They told me no problem, they will ship the BL-7000EXT out today at NO ADDITIONAL COST.

That is excellent customer support from BendPak and wanted to share the efforts they took to make one of their customers happy. Name:  bmwdance.gif
Views: 193
Size:  1.3 KB

That is excellent customer support from BendPak and wanted to share the efforts they took to make one of their customers happy. Name:  bmwdance.gif
Views: 193
Size:  1.3 KB
    Great news. It's a shame that Home Depot's customer service wasn't more customer oriented like BendPak. HD could have proactively shared that same info you got from BendPak with all their customers with backorders too - and given them the same choice. Would have saved you all the leg work......

Hat's off to BendPak. Makes me feel better that if I ever have service issues they'll be there to support us
    Pete

And it just gets better. I honestly don't know what to say...

Joe,

Please enjoy some QJ hangers on us as well! Coming your way. Hope you have a great Holiday.

Sincerely,

Taylor Reed

Retail Account Manager

I just bought those!!!!
    Pete

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast