Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pedro2u View Post
    OK, assembled the 4 hose fittings (total of 6) while watching the Presidents Cup...... Good indoor coffee table project

FYI - grab a 17mm and 22mm open end wrench for this step (save you rummaging around in the toolbox....)

and for the final 2 fittings to the power unit, you need to remove the 2 threaded covers. The video shows they guy simply unscrewing them by hand, but mine were on tight. So 13mm there (the video shows that a slotted screwdriver would also work, but my caps don't have the slots for a screwdriver)

Indoor work is done.....

Summary - grab a 13, 17 and 22mm
    Pete

I like it. I was going to use the holders to hang the rags on ready to clean up the hydraulic fluid I'm bound to spill

BTW, after reading (skimming) both the online manual and the hardcopy in the box, I have to say the most encouraging thing is actually just watching their installation video. It's well done, short, and makes it look pretty simple https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT3oAtMGlHk.

In fact I might just tape and assemble the hoses in the warmth of the house tonight
    I've watched that one a couple of times now. That is the newest BendPak installation video, the first one was so mangled with incorrect procedures. I will see what the weather holds for tomorrow but will take your lead and at least teflon tape up the fittings.

The assembly is simple and you really can't make a mess. No fear, boys!

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    The assembly is simple and you really can't make a mess. No fear, boys!
    Plan on running out and getting the transmission fluid today and wrapping this up. Leveraging your experience assembling this, what are the 2 black bushings/wheels for in the kit with the quick connects? Look like wheels at least..... Not mentioned in the documentation that I've found

Spares wheels?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Pete

The Assembly drawing for the Quickjack in the hardcopy manual on page 60 shows these 2 wheels next to the Power Unit but not what they're for or where they go. The other drawings for the frame rails show their wheels too - correctly. Sent a question to BendPak....
    Pete

They are spare wheels for the lift.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
    They are spare wheels for the lift.
    Great, thanks. I'll try not to lose em

With the ZHP and the E92 in storage, first test lift had to be on my winter ride (and test the Truck Adapters). All is good! Time to get dirty....
    Pete

Sure enough the weather turned good today so I had a chance to assemble the QuickJack 7000EXT and set everything up. I can easily move around under the X5 now with the SUV extenders. This is going to make my suspension rebuilds much easier.

Name:  20191214_130556.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  106.1 KB

Name:  20191214_130717.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  142.1 KB

Name:  20191214_130750.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  138.5 KB

Name:  20191214_130618.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  119.2 KB

Congrats!

Noticing that you have your frames facing in the opposite direction from mine (and the video). Probably doesn't matter and I'm actually not finding anything in the directions that specifies direction - other than requiring the lock bars on the outside. I suppose it might be as simple as deciding whether you want your vehicle to lurch 6" forward (as mine did) or backward when you lift it
    Pete

Congrats!

Noticing that you have your frames facing in the opposite direction from mine (and the video). Probably doesn't matter and I'm actually not finding anything in the directions that specifies direction - other than requiring the lock bars on the outside. I suppose it might be as simple as deciding whether you want your vehicle to lurch 6" forward (as mine did) or backward when you lift it
    I have seen them both ways and I agree it is a simple decision to lift forward or backward. I have bicycles on the wall in front of the X5 so it would have limited my movement around the front of the engine bay so I chose to lift rearward. The E46 can lift forward if I want, nothing up there but the access to the house with plenty of room.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast