Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks for sharing (your car turned colors!)

Is there enough ground clearance to leave the QJ on the floor and drive over it (on a daily basis...)?

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post

Is there enough ground clearance to leave the QJ on the floor and drive over it (on a daily basis...)?
    Yeah, I'm living the low life ;-)

There might be since they are pretty slim. Not sure if it's worth the risk?

I can try it on a stock ride height vehicle and one that is lowered.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Yes, 100%. Plenty of room. You just have to slide the tracks to the center. Mine lives on the floor and I use the grab brackets that come with it to pull the tracks out from under the middle of the car when I want to use it.

Edit: here's my post from the last time you clowns asked these kind of questions

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...354#post521354

Man I seriously want one of these!!

BL-5000SLX for $1100 Shipped at Costco
    https://www.costco.com/.product.1268102.html

They also have a really nice 3 Ton Professional Grade Aluminum and Steel Service Jack for $100!
    https://www.costco.com/.product.996603.html

Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 11-19-2018 at 05:33 PM.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Increased safety was my number one reason for wanting it, but it also eliminates any dependence on the front-center lift point which F'd up my original front sub-frame brace.
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post

Edit: here's my post from the last time you clowns asked these kind of questions

The safety aspect of it is really nice even though my Esco flat top stands are pretty great too.

But the ability to raise the vehicle off the ground on all 4 corners and not have it be a pain ( like it is with the E46 ) is awesome. I always hated trying to jack up each corner of the car and then find a location that is safe enough to stick a jack-stand under.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

The safety aspect is the main reason I got mine as well. I was under the car one day tightening the front under brace bolts to yield while the car was creaking around on jack stands and thought "you know, when this car comes down on me, I probably won't think that $1k is too much to spend on a lift." Ordered it that night.

Vas, I'll give you a little tip that I learned along the way. In your video, see that the front end raises up long before the rear? I started accommodating for this by adjusting my lifting block situation. For one, I didn't like how gummy the lifting blocks were on the frame pads and wanted to shore them up a bit, but I also wanted the rear block to be a little higher than the front to give it an even lift at all four wheels.

I now use a small rubber block and a piece of 2x4 in front, with the large rubber block and piece of 1x4 in the rear. It gives a perfectly even lift (on stock suspension) so that all four tires leave/touch the ground at the same time. Makes it much better when I'm lowering it down to torque the wheel bolts and can stop it at one point where all four tires are on the concrete enough to keep the wheel from spinning, but not enough to throw off my fitment.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    The safety aspect is the main reason I got mine as well. I was under the car one day tightening the front under brace bolts to yield while the car was creaking around on jack stands and thought "you know, when this car comes down on me, I probably won't think that $1k is too much to spend on a lift." Ordered it that night.

Vas, I'll give you a little tip that I learned along the way. In your video, see that the front end raises up long before the rear? I started accommodating for this by adjusting my lifting block situation. For one, I didn't like how gummy the lifting blocks were on the frame pads and wanted to shore them up a bit, but I also wanted the rear block to be a little higher than the front to give it an even lift at all four wheels.

I now use a small rubber block and a piece of 2x4 in front, with the large rubber block and piece of 1x4 in the rear. It gives a perfectly even lift (on stock suspension) so that all four tires leave/touch the ground at the same time. Makes it much better when I'm lowering it down to torque the wheel bolts and can stop it at one point where all four tires are on the concrete enough to keep the wheel from spinning, but not enough to throw off my fitment.
    Saving this for when I eventually cave and buy the damned lift.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast