Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    I am an original owner of a ZHP and have winter tires mounted on a square 17” setup. Car is very stable in winter but it doesn’t even hold a candle to my wife’s Subaru Outback.

If my ZHP bit the dust at this point I wouldn’t replace it same-for-same. Would pick up an awd Tesla 3 and a Mazda Miata 3rd gen used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dpark; 11-26-2018 at 11:00 PM.
    2004 330i E46 with ZHP performance package and cold weather package

Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
    I sold my ZHP in April after 6 great years with it. It had become kinda redundant with my Golf R being the preferred daily. First time my garage had no BMW since 2005. I even let my BMWCCA membership lapse. The itch for another M car was strong. A few weeks ago I decided I was going to find another Z4M Coupe. I sold mine in 2015 and have regretted it ever since. I got VERY lucky and found the "right" car within days - a 34k-mile 2008 in Space Gray, a very rare color (66 produced worldwide, 48 for NA, 2008-only color). Flew to NJ to see, drive & seal the deal and and had her trucked home. SO excited to have another S54 in the garage again.

Sex on wheels.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I agree Peter. I don’t think Shawn was saying one side or another. The link Shawn provided is a great article showing importance of using good snows. I should have worded my response better.

Sent from my iPhoneX using Tapatalk Pro
    Yes Peter and Charlie. I thought it was a good article. I think good set of winter tires and RWD can hold their own with AWD/4x4 in some (most?) situations.

Quote Originally Posted by NYRhockey View Post
    I got the Nissan version of that ('03 Pathfinder) which has been in the family since new and its dying a slow, painful death at only 125K. There is a large amount of rust in both the rear wheel wells and getting underneath the car, has a busted rear strut/shock and recently the ABS sensor went out making the 4x4 not work either (which defeats the purpose of a SUV in the winter). To fix those 2 things (strut / sensor) i'm looking at close to $1,500 on a car that is worth not much more than that with them fixed. Even with those 2 issues addressed i'm concerned the tranny can go at any time despite having the fluid changed at about 90K. Over the past couple months on 2 occasions on the way home from work it suddenly lost power and no matter how hard i pressed the gas pedal it could barely accelerate and on an incline could not maintain speed. I take back roads home so i was able to pull over safely then turn off the car and back on and that fixed it both times.
    The rust bucket lives! Took it to the shop for the busted shocks and abs sensor and luckily only 1 sensor needed replacement. Came to $600 otd so i must have misunderstood the original estimate of $1500. At this lower cost i can live with holding onto it and see how many more miles i can squeeze out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by NYRhockey View Post
    The rust bucket lives! Took it to the shop for the busted shocks and abs sensor and luckily only 1 sensor needed replacement. Came to $600 otd so i must have misunderstood the original estimate of $1500. At this lower cost i can live with holding onto it and see how many more miles i can squeeze out of it.

Sweet. $900 back in the pocket

hey what do you guys think of the Kia Stinger? I was at the mall today and they had a stinger boutique set up a la tesla dedicated to the stinger. They had a GT2 with all the bells and whistles in red. let me tell you, under the lights that car is a stunner.

Quote Originally Posted by joeybananaz18 View Post
    hey what do you guys think of the Kia Stinger? I was at the mall today and they had a stinger boutique set up a la tesla dedicated to the stinger. They had a GT2 with all the bells and whistles in red. let me tell you, under the lights that car is a stunner.
    Agreed. Love the styling of it, has great power, and is cheaper than its BMW competition, by a fair bit. The interior actually has really nice touches.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Agreed. Love the styling of it, has great power, and is cheaper than its BMW competition, by a fair bit. The interior actually has really nice touches.
    I'm sure a lot of car people are aware that 2018 was a year for sedans as crossovers and SUVs become more popular. i was reading last night despite this, the stinger actually sold surprisingly well. Kia has also had a couple of really good looking wagon concepts in the past. if they can maintain similar sales for a while it may help spawn a wagon and I'm totally there. Another article cited a kia australia executive that they are also considering a 5.0 V8 for certain markets- US included.

Quote Originally Posted by joeybananaz18 View Post
    I'm sure a lot of car people are aware that 2018 was a year for sedans as crossovers and SUVs become more popular. i was reading last night despite this, the stinger actually sold surprisingly well. Kia has also had a couple of really good looking wagon concepts in the past. if they can maintain similar sales for a while it may help spawn a wagon and I'm totally there. Another article cited a kia australia executive that they are also considering a 5.0 V8 for certain markets- US included.
    Along the wagon line, I read one article that claimed wagon sales are up. I really hope so, because I would hate to be phased out of choices because everyone else wants an SUV.

I found this part of the article very interesting:

Premium brands continue to offer wagons as their wealthier clientele prefers them to large SUVs. Porsche has the Panamera Sport Turismo, Volvo has the V90 and V60, and Jaguar has the XF Sportbrake. All of these are more attractive and offer more utility than their sedan counterparts.

According to sources at Mercedes-Benz, its most affluent customers opt for the E-class Estate. And they pay in cash.

Of course, it is a Jalopnik article, so take it with a grain of salt.
    https://jalopnik.com/strong-growth-in-wagon-sales-may-be-the-opening-salvo-i-1831561302

BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast