Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Yes Peter and Charlie. I thought it was a good article. I think good set of winter tires and RWD can hold their own with AWD/4x4 in some (most?) situations.
    I have to agree Shawn Almost every winter I will see some kind of 4x4 in the ditch because they were going way too fast for the conditions and I get by easily with my ZHP... if you have a good set of snow tires and common sense you should not have any difficulty driving in the snows... this year will be my first year having a car with AWD... should be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Along the wagon line, I read one article that claimed wagon sales are up. I really hope so, because I would hate to be phased out of choices because everyone else wants an SUV.

I found this part of the article very interesting:

[/FONT]

Of course, it is a Jalopnik article, so take it with a grain of salt.
    https://jalopnik.com/strong-growth-in-wagon-sales-may-be-the-opening-salvo-i-1831561302

i see about 4-5 E-class wagons parked at the train station every morning. Don't tell me people don't want wagons- how has Merc been able to offer a upscale wagon since the 80s (and now offer one with over 600 hp) and never feel the need to axe it?

Jalopnik actually quoted Bloomberg, and this is my favorite line from that article:

“As long as you deliver on the styling, I think there will always be an opportunity for wagons,” Russell said. “It’s something different for consumers who are different.”

This is what i alway think whenever i see a E-class wagon. To (enter car maker that doesn't want to offer a wagon in the states for fear of it being a waste of money), if you think wagons don't sell you probably don't know how to design one.

Now that article has me thinking a little more. I was reading a few stinger articles yesterday and I saw a number of them making the point that the stinger may just have been designed as a flagship to be just a way to get people into dealerships to buy other Kias. Youtube vids made the point of it being a great alternative to those that don't want to be seen in the status quo german sedan. If people are buying wagons to now go with the status quo SUV, it would only make sense a wagon is in the cards, right? <----extreme optimism.

Stingers look nice but Kia needs a re-brand...PRONTO. That bottom of cheerios box logo does not belong on a Stinger. Hyundai came up with the Genesis brand for its upscale cars and Kia should do the same for the Stinger and future "nicer" cars. Just did a quick check on their site and they have a SUV called Telluride in 2020 and looks the bomb.

I think that one came out today in Detroit. Looks great- like it more than bmws new oversized grills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the AWD V6 Stinger after getting a chance to tool one around. I didn't want to like it but... I did.

Also, hafta revise my original post. If I had to pick one car to replace the ZHP. And this is if I have zero reasonable way to maintain the ZHP and have a gun to my head..... I'd have a Cayman GT4. So pretty and soooo fun. Till then, the ZHP hits all of the fun daily buttons for me.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

AFE stage 1 CAI, Silicone Stett Intake Boots, AA Headers and Exhaust, AA Tune, Cat Delete, Hicon GT Adjustable Coilovers, Quaife Helical LSD, EVO 3 SS Kit, UUC Organic Clutch w/ UUC LW Flywheel, GTR rep carbon fiber hood, CSL rep carbon fiber trunk, CDV delete, CP Forged Pistons & SP Forged Con Rods, MotoZ projector headlights, Sony bluetooth/touch nav, & lots of love
    -Ben

Quote Originally Posted by DeathTrap View Post
    The ideal choice would've been a V6, SH-AWD, 6-Speed, TSX Sport wagon because Honda fanboy, but they missed the mark on that one...
    That leaves E61 or E39 touring... maybe even a S212 Estate pre-facelift of course.
    My wife's daily and our general family car is an E61 535xi. We truly love it and with snow tires on it it is very safe and competent in winter. Bikes, snowboards, you name it. Two weeks ago we had the snow tires swapped out, and I left Costco with 4x 245 tires and a full costco run of groceries in back, two kids in car seats, my wife and I. No problem.

The only drawback is N54 maintenance, but 2.5 years and 40k miles it hasn't been terrible. A MHD tune and the sport auto trans flash and it is no slouch either. Can't say enough good things about it. We will keep it for a long time and probably only replace it with a newer Merc wagon.

All I can say is that I hope this SUV trend dies, quick. I'm getting pretty tired of not being able to see around or through these monstrous behemoths. There's way too many of them on the road.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silbergrauwler View Post
    My wife's daily and our general family car is an E61 535xi. We truly love it and with snow tires on it it is very safe and competent in winter. Bikes, snowboards, you name it. Two weeks ago we had the snow tires swapped out, and I left Costco with 4x 245 tires and a full costco run of groceries in back, two kids in car seats, my wife and I. No problem.

The only drawback is N54 maintenance, but 2.5 years and 40k miles it hasn't been terrible. A MHD tune and the sport auto trans flash and it is no slouch either. Can't say enough good things about it. We will keep it for a long time and probably only replace it with a newer Merc wagon.
    this is good stuff. i am thinking about selling the X3 and getting another Touring (for my wife), and saw an E61 535xi that looks great - also an auto trans, so yes, MHD tune and the xHD trans tune sounds like the right choice. hmmmm.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567