Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coolant hose

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Wait till you get screwed over with ecstuning. Then you will change you mind about fcpeuro

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Ha I don't think so. Could happen, but I've probably spent 10k with ECS in the past, never had a bad order. Unless in the past 4 years they have gone drastically wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by phillipjfry View Post
    Ha I don't think so. Could happen, but I've probably spent 10k with ECS in the past, never had a bad order. Unless in the past 4 years they have gone drastically wrong.

Look up the Why I Hate Ecstuning Facebook page.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Look up the Why I Hate Ecstuning Facebook page.

Lol, I don't have Facebook. I'm guessing your hate of ECS, is as deep as my hate of FCP.

I had to leave my car on blocks, 2 counties away in my buddies garage for 10 days, because of their incompetence. I then had to bum a ride back home, and then find a ride back to said garage to do the whole job over.

Rein is a good option for the hoses. But use a genuine BMW t-stat and fluid.

Can you state an actual reason(s) or give me a link or two, as why to only buy genuine BMW Thermostat housing? Are non-OEM thermostats faulty? From my readings, the cooling system is a 10 year deal, why spend up to 66% more, for the same results.

Last edited by phillipjfry; 11-19-2018 at 09:06 PM.

Genuine BMW parts have a two year warranty. My car is a mixture of genuine BMW parts and OEM supplier parts: Bosch, Lemforder, Rein, etc.
    Don’t forget to get an O-ring for the temp sensor in the lower hose.
    Also, a little silicone lubricant on the O-rings inside the hose ends will make everything go together much easier
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Can you state an actual reason(s) or give me a link or two, as why to only buy genuine BMW Thermostat housing? Are non-OEM thermostats faulty? From my readings, the cooling system is a 10 year deal, why spend up to 66% more, for the same results.

Genuine parts are manufactured to BMW’s spec whereas other might not be. One of Vas’ cars did not have genuine bmw cooling system parts from the PO and they went bad within 30k miles I think. The life of the cooling system is not just dependent on its age but also duty cycles and miles...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Rein does lifetime?

I won't ever buy from FCP again, they dicked me pretty hard many years ago.

ECS has always down my right in the past with my vw/audi parts. Plus they have good prices on Rein parts. 126$ plus tax for Rein upper lower hoses, Rein t stat, Febi temp sensor, and bwm coolant. Or $175 to change the Rein t stat to a BMW t stat.

I'm sorry to hear you didn't have the best experience the last time you ordered from us. Please send me a PM on here, I just want to know what happened last time and try to make things right.

You can also email me - davidg1@fcpeuro.com

-Dave
    Last edited by FCP Euro; 11-20-2018 at 06:33 AM.
    FCP Euro

e. davidg1@fcpeuro.com
    w. www.fcpeuro.com

Lifetime Replacement Guarantee, Free Shipping on $49+, and Hassle-Free Returns. Shop BMW Parts

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Genuine parts are manufactured to BMW’s spec whereas other might not be. One of Vas’ cars did not have genuine bmw cooling system parts from the PO and they went bad within 30k miles I think. The life of the cooling system is not just dependent on its age but also duty cycles and miles...

Aren't the BMW cooling system parts not that great? They seem to be the weak link. So maybe other reputable manufacturers remaking BMW's parts not quite to BMW's spec may be a good thing? That's kind of where my head goes. As long as the mechanics work, should be good to go. It would take me around 8 years to hit 30k.

Now if we were talking an expensive critical part like a timing chain, or cams, ect I would want to use BMW parts, unless their is a superior aftermarket part available.

Aren't the BMW cooling system parts not that great? They seem to be the weak link. So maybe other reputable manufacturers remaking BMW's parts not quite to BMW's spec may be a good thing? That's kind of where my head goes. As long as the mechanics work, should be good to go. It would take me around 8 years to hit 30k.

Now if we were talking an expensive critical part like a timing chain, or cams, ect I would want to use BMW parts, unless their is a superior aftermarket part available.

I had this kit from ECStuning

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assemble...cse461711-1~3/

Within 30k, the water-pump started weeping, Thermostat was stuck closed which made the Upper coolant hose balloon up and the expansion tank fitment was just crap. I purchased it before those reviews were on the site as well.

The BMW cooling system parts are meant to be changed in intervals. If you go past it, that is when people have issues and state that the factory design is sub-par.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

The BMW parts aren’t as good as they should be for sure. But if the aftermarket ones are supposedly better they would charge a premium like the Stewart water pump and definitely won’t be cheaper...

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast