Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WTB Stett or Mishimoto Upper/Lower intake boot kit

Hey guys,

So i recently became a member of the zhp family officially last month, bought myself a 05 330Ci 6MT. :D
    Got my inspection done about 2 weeks ago, and a couple days ago the Ses comes on and turns out its the boot. Im most likely going to temporarily tape it up since emissions is coming up. But i wanted to switch over to the silicone boots since they should last longer than the oem ones. Only issue is that i cant find them anywhere, can someone point me in the direction that i would be able to order a set. Ive found a couple outside the country. Lol. But they cant deliver to the US it says on the sites.

Much appreciate any help. Thanks

P.S. im not sure which is really better, the stett kit or the mishi; Ive read stories about not being able to seat the mishi kit properly. Any suggestions?

Not worth the extra cost and the fitment is not 100% smooth.

Save your money and get factory rubber boots.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Buy OE or OEM boots from FCP and never have to buy them again. And way cheaper than the silicone boots, which tend to have fitment issues.
    I've had the Stett ones and HATED them. They made it such a PITA to install my intake every time I had to remove it.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...ot-13541438761
    https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...ne-13541438759
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I hv the Stett and they are perfectly fine. A bit of cutting/cajoling upon initial install and you get there. Definitely a bit of a PITA at first. BUT, once they've heat cycled they are way more flexible and easy to work with. They are solid. But, the FCP Euro is a great idea.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I have a few Stett intake boots sitting in my garage. If you're still looking for a set send me a PM and we can talk about you getting a set. I am on vacation to Colorado over the Thanksgiving holiday so I won't be able to do anything until after that...

I have a brand new set of Mishimoto ones I could sell you. I also will have a set of used ones for sale sometime in the future. They are both black. PM me if interested.

So i have an OEM one coming from ECS. However, i am still looking to dabble with the Stett or Mishi set. I havent seen much as far as which set was better for people. Which would you guys recommend out of previous experiences or people you may know with the kits. Id like to hear what you guys have to say before I go for a kit.

Also, @johnrando I was thinking of cutting them to get their better fit already, judging by the pictures, the silicon kits are nowhere near a plug and play status like the OEM ones. Any specific steps/cuts you made on the kit for them to fit better? If you have a set of instructions you followed before the fit, id appreciate if you have a link to that. other than that, ill probably just try to get them to resemble the oem shape for the better fit.

Thanks in advanced guys, ill be PM'ing some of you soon.

I literally just put them on and saw what fit best, and cut from there. I also used the OEM as guide.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    I literally just put them on and saw what fit best, and cut from there. I also used the OEM as guide.
    Everything you said was literally how i pictured doing this in my mind before i even started looking for them. What did you end up using to cut them? Also, thanks for the response.

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    Quote Originally Posted by DatZHP View Post
    Everything you said was literally how i pictured doing this in my mind before i even started looking for them. What did you end up using to cut them? Also, thanks for the response.
    YW. Yup, pretty straightforward. I just used a very sharp exacto knife. It cuts fairly easily for being such a strong hose material.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast