Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Good stuff!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    i think the JB+ is good for 40-60hp and installs in about 2min. but................ no modding.
    After reading what you added to your first post, I can tell you that when you add more HP to this motor, you also add turbo lag and it will have a pretty hard hit when the turbos kick in.

Things/history to check with this motor: HP fuel pump recall, Water pump, injectors, waste gate rattle and the usual oil leaks. also, You might want to consider walnut blasting the intake ports sometime in the future... regular maintenance on this motor and not too terribly expensive depending on where you go. Other than that, I think the motor is pretty solid regardless of what might be out there on the internet
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

- steering: E90 wins here, hands-down. wonderful linearity and a nice heavy (read: positive) feel.
    Interesting. I heard just the opposite from friends and others. (Especially for the ZHP.)

Congrats on the purchase. I've always liked the 335, and would probably buy one if someone told me it was better all-round than a ZHP. The power is definitely an advantage, but I thought the ZHP was better in the corners.

Mind if I ask what you paid?
    -Chris

Before I found the ZHP, I REALLY wanted one of these or even a 328i M Sport but prices were too high and I didn’t want to deal with turbo maintenance. I love the E90 generation of 3 series. Looking forward to the future updates!

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    Interesting. I heard just the opposite from friends and others. (Especially for the ZHP.)

Congrats on the purchase. I've always liked the 335, and would probably buy one if someone told me it was better all-round than a ZHP. The power is definitely an advantage, but I thought the ZHP was better in the corners.

It's an M-sport. I think the steering is different on those. Our X1 M-sport (based on the e90 chassis) had great steering characteristics like Peter describes
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    After reading what you added to your first post, I can tell you that when you add more HP to this motor, you also add turbo lag and it will have a pretty hard hit when the turbos kick in.

Things/history to check with this motor: HP fuel pump recall, Water pump, injectors, waste gate rattle and the usual oil leaks. also, You might want to consider walnut blasting the intake ports sometime in the future... regular maintenance on this motor and not too terribly expensive depending on where you go. Other than that, I think the motor is pretty solid regardless of what might be out there on the internet
    yeah, that's what i'm reading. this is one is so low-mileage, and 100% maintained and unmolested - exactly what i wanted.

HPFP recall was done, water pump was done. plugs done recently. as for intake ports - i saw a nice DIY using CRC valve cleaner that i would do before walnut blasting - the guy spent $30, 3hrs of time and the results were amazing.

i'm doing some reliability stuff soon: well-baffled (42draftdesigns) oil catch can (this alleviates the need for walnut blasting), metal charge pipe (stock plastic one leaks), upgraded PCV valve. high-flow inlets actually help reduce strain on the turbos, so i will probably do that down the road. ceratec treatment on the next oil change too.

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post

Mind if I ask what you paid?
    i hate divulging what i paid, but i got a really good deal - i think it was meant to be!

i LOVE the ZHP - don't get me wrong. this move was more lateral, not upward - and it was not because i don't like the ZHP. i would love to have another someday - maybe a 'vert!

i forgot to mention about the suspension in my first post - i will edit it later, but i found that the E90 M Sport suspension is exactly how i wanted the ZHP to feel stock - good damping (not GREAT damping, but a set of dialed-in koni yellows would help a lot), good spring rate, VERY rigid chassis, and very little body roll - way less than the ZHP. the rear end feels kinda squirmy under load, but i'm pushing a LOT more power through it than i ever felt in the ZHP. so subframe lockdown and strategic bushing upgrades would help a lot here. if feels very, very composed.

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    Before I found the ZHP, I REALLY wanted one of these or even a 328i M Sport but prices were too high and I didn’t want to deal with turbo maintenance. I love the E90 generation of 3 series. Looking forward to the future updates!
    yeah, i would have preferred a 328i M Sport, but they are nearly impossible to find in sedan form (coupes seem more plentiful).

It's an M-sport. I think the steering is different on those. Our X1 M-sport (based on the e90 chassis) had great steering characteristics like Peter describes
    i agree - i think the M Sport steering is different. still learning. but it feels great.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

i cleaned up the first post and added some more details. frig.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

We used the Burger Tuning catch can kit on the 135 (same one as the 335) and were very happy with it. Comes with everything you need for an OEM looking installation.
    H&R sport springs,

We used the Burger Tuning catch can kit on the 135 (same one as the 335) and were very happy with it. Comes with everything you need for an OEM looking installation.
    thanks for the feedback! i'm not super interested in the design as i have a SWEET 42draftdesigns can here that is larger and has superior baffling, adjustability, and a dipstick. installation may be a bit tricky due to size.

http://www.42draftdesigns.com/ultimate-oil-catch-can/

Name:  ul__71456.1473346870.1280.1280.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  230.3 KB
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

so...... i hate turbos. and here i am with a stupid twin-turbo engine'd car.
    Name:  tom-delonge-wtf1.gif
Views: 284
Size:  1.53 MB
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast